The deed is done...

Well, it finally happened. I graduated and am now a doctor. I just got back from an incredible graduation day.
I had my wife, children, parents and lots of old college and EMS buddies at graduation today. It was a wonderful ceremony (Dr. Red Duke was our speaker). I got ‘hooded’ by our one of my favorite anatomy professors which was a nice touch.
I also found out I won two awards. I was selected for our school’s EM student award and our school’s Society for Academic Emergency Medicine student award.
It’s a great feeling to see a conclusion to all this hard work. Of course, I’m fully aware that all this work has just been a precursor to truly learning how to be a physician. That starts, for me, on June 27 when I start seeing patients as Dr. Jarvis.
Take care y’all,
Jeff Jarvis, MD, MS, EMT-P
- sorry, just had to write that to see what it looked like…cool

Congratulations Dr. Jarvis! You have worked long and hard and deserve the title. Now go forth and make us all proud as you continue to fine tune your practice of medicine.

Wooo-hoooo! congratulations Dr. Jarvis!
Mary

Congrats, Jeff!!

Hey Jeff,
Congratulations. It must have been pretty cool to have Red Duke as a speaker. He is a hoot and super trauma surgeon. Now, the real sh-t starts. You have the shiny new degree and a rasa table for taking care of patients. You are going to have so much fun. Again, congratulations!
Natalie

Congrats!! Enjoy your time off- you’ve earned it
Tara

Congratulations to another OPM success story!!!

Jeff (or should I say Dr.Jarvis?)
Congrats on your graduation!
Kathy

Congratualtions Dr. Jarvis!

Thanks, y’all!
I just got back from my vacation (wow, what a difference in temperature between Colorado at 12K feet and Central Texas at 12 feet!). I’m having to retake all of my card courses since I blissfully let them lapse during medical school. I finished PALS today and do ACLS and ATLS next week.
Orientation starts with a lake party on the Sunday before the formal stuff. I start doing doctor stuff July 1 and am in the ED for the first month. Yeah!
Take care,
Jeff

…paging Dr. Jarvis…paging Dr. Jarvis…we have a 450 gentleman absent of bowel movements for approx 14 days requiring dis-empaction. Dr. Blow-Hard (your staff guy) asked me to page you & see to it you took care of this personally. It seems the pt is a personal friend of his grandmother…
Glove up & have fun!

Congratulations Dr. Jarvis!

Dave, leave it to you to put things in context!
Take care,
Jeff

Quote:

…paging Dr. Jarvis…paging Dr. Jarvis…we have a 450 gentleman absent of bowel movements for approx 14 days requiring dis-empaction. Dr. Blow-Hard (your staff guy) asked me to page you & see to it you took care of this personally. It seems the pt is a personal friend of his grandmother…

Glove up & have fun!

You just summed up why I’m going to med school

I live for this!

Congrats Dr. Jarvis