The Dr. Bug

Hi all! I always wanted to be a doctor. When I was just a small girl, my fantasy was becoming a pediatrician. Somewhere along the way I got trapped into some jobs that I really think are dumb. I am currently a Project Manager and I just hate these ridiculous meetings about planning a meeting to fix something. Back on task here! Well here I am at 37 wanting to be a doctor. I have no idea where to start or where to begin, so any takers on some outstanding advice is greatly appreciated. A recent article in the AJC here in Atlanta mentioned the physcian shortage that is expected to become even more criticl. So that’s my story. Medicine has always been my passion. I have a BA in sociology. I have General bio and 1 yr chem covered but that was over 15 years ago. I found a premed program here to get my coursework in, but I am just clueless where an old dame begins this journey.

Thanks to all for any insight!!

Hi - welcome to the forum. A good first step for you may be to make an appointment with the pre-med academic advisor at a local university.

You can also learn most of what you need to know by searching through these forums.

Good Luck - I am 47 and have just finished all of my pre-reqs after teaching for 20 years. I have applied to 5 D.O. schools and gotten secondary applications to all of them - waiting for interview invitations.