This week

I am so sorry for all my self-absorbed posts of late and promise to be less so in the future but two things happened today that I need to share.
1. I signed up for Kaplan and the MCAT! I am officially going to die, I am so sure.
2. I am going to South Carolina to work for Senator Edwards in anticipation of the primary there next week. My only trip for the semester. Will report any interesting things that happen there.
Oh, and I shadowed the most awesome doctor. LOVE HIM. So nice. I go in once a week and it’s the best.
How many recommendations should I have from doctors? Right now I think I can count on three (two MDs and one DO). Is that enough?

Quote:

How many recommendations should I have from doctors? Right now I think I can count on three (two MDs and one DO). Is that enough?

Having many letter is nice because you can pick and choose which letters go where. Some schools will also want to see some letters from academia also. Some schools have a maximum number of letters. Two letters is too few; 5 or 6 is likely too many.

Rachel,
Two is the minimum and 5 usually the maximum. The committee letter, if you have to go through a committee, counts as one of those. If not, then at least two should be from professors. Good luck on Kaplan!
Kathy

(Kathy, actually “Calvin” is Alyson, not Rachel… )

Oooooh Alyson real-time work on a campaign sounds like a ton of fun! I look forward to reading your “dispatches from the front.” That looks like a lively and energetic campaign and Sen. Edwards has made a good impression on me. Good luck, and have a wonderful time!

I am back. This trip was exhausting! I tried to post about it but had some problems.
SC was great. Have heard rumors that I was on tv last night. Will go back on the road full time as soon as the semester ends.