Tons of fun on 20 May

I just have to let everyone know this. Last night, 20 May, I conquered something that has always made me very nervous - PUBLIC SPEAKING! After my recent interview on New Hampshire Public Radio, the President of the New Hampshire Tech College invited me to deliver the commencement address. They had ~200 graduates & expected 1000+ to attend. Needless to say, I was extremely nervous!
Well, not only did it go off w/o a hitch, but I also found myself relaxing & actually enjoying it. I had the audience laughing & paying attention to my message at the same time. It was envigorating! As the speaker, I was part of the receiving/congratulations line after they rec’d their diplomas - about 40% of them took a moment to thank me or compliment me on my speech. I was so relieved & happy that the message was we;; rec’d & enjoyed.
Anyhow…just wanted to spout off how happy I am that this went so well. There was an article in this morning’s paper about the graduation. In the article, they quoted me extensively. Talk about flattering!
See everyone in DC!

Good for you, Dave! Capturing an audience at a commencement address and getting them to laugh and enjoy it was no small feat, I’m sure! I’m sure you deserved all the praise you received in the newspaper article.
Lu

Cool! Can you post a link to the article; I couldn’t find it with google
See you soon!
-Terry

Congrats Dave! Also looking forward to reading about it if you can provide a link.
Many thanks, Seth

Quote:

Congrats Dave! Also looking forward to reading about it if you can provide a link.
Many thanks, Seth

LOL…I doubt that the Upper Valley News is available on line. I will check…

Quote:

Quote:

Many thanks, Seth

LOL…I doubt that the Upper Valley News is available on line. I will check…

I stand corrected - www.vnews.com However, I did not any archives. I suspect that you would have to subscribe to gain access to those.