Too much?

Hello, everyone. I was wondering if any of you can give me any advice.

This fall I am thinking of taking Biology 1 and Physics 1 with labs. I also plan to work 40 hours a week. Would this be too much? Or, should I take the physics in another semester and take a 3 credit humanities course instead?

Any suggestions or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!

Sounds like a sensible and typical postbacc load. I did it myself, and really enjoyed it. Just don’t get behind-- try to get a little ahead on your homework in September.

Sounds very reasonable. Do your homework - metaphorically as well - to find out how much time you’ll need to budget for each lab. And enjoy it!

Thanks, Adam and Matt. Your advice was great. I never did think about budgeting my time for the lab. When I took the general chem lab classes last year, I felt that I spent some time that was quite unnecessary, or I should say that I worked too hard on my reports when I really didn’t need to. Still, I got A’s in them. Of course, back then I was only taking one science course with a lab and a three credit non-science course. Now I know that I may have to manage my time a little better.

But with that in mind, let the fun begin! I am really excited that I am actually on my way to fulfill my dream. There are times when I get discouraged but I try to keep in mind that it will all be worth it in the end.

Helen