Took the leap

I introduced myself months ago and have been lurking since then. The stories here inspire me to reach for my dream. So I enrolled in the UC Berkeley Premed Postbac program through the University Extension. I just signed up for Bio-1 that starts in the Fall and I’m excited, nervous etc. I will keep reading these stories and ocassionally share my own.

My stats: 38-years old - Physics BS at 30 - 15-year old son - hope to enter med school the Fall after my son graduates high school (2010 - at 41 years of age)

Welcome back, and good luck!

Keep us posted. It’s good to hear from you.

Tim

YOU are inspiring…My gosh!!! what a great example you are setting for your son.

i’ve been reading through these posts and I have been blown away by such strong and determined individuals. A week ago i felt foolish, almost crazy for indulging in my dreams of becoming a doctor, but after finding this forum I feel normal and it doesn’t seem as far-fetched.

way to go “campkel”!

i am 28 and am working on my associates in science. I have a looong way to go, and it’s like looking out into an abyss. But then i read all of these posts and I learn something from each of them and I feel so close to my dream. thanks all!

this website has inspired me and I cannot tell you how many people I have met along the way in my pre req classes here in Dallas. I just started this summer and I really did not expect to meet others out there pursuing the same dream but it is AMAZING how many of us are out there going for this! It has only further inspired me to do this full time in the Fall with an accelerated program which runs from end of Aug - May where I’ll be done with all my pre-reqs… only costing me $150/each class. I have also met some great study partners as well as a guy who is Pre-Dental who moved all the way from WA state and is moving his wife and 4 kids down to finish this! what an inspiration- way to go Brian and all the rest of us who are out there Goin for BROKE!