?

?

All your courses from everywhere you have ever attended get sent in to AMCAS (or AACOMAS for DO schools), so they’ll see it all. Pay no attention to how your school calculates GPA. The only thing you can do now is get stellar grades so that when the year-by-year breakdown of your GPA shows up in your application, you can show that you got a LOT BETTER.

Denise is correct - no matter where you take your courses, AMCAS sees (and shows) them all.

When all is said and done, your AMCAS application will have a list of every grade you’ve ever gotten in a college course, followed by a chart like this:

(meh, auto-shrinking on the forums. check out the image at http://www.oldpremeds.org/fusionbb/showtopic.php?t… for what the chart looks like )

Does anyone know how AMCAS gets all your grades? I always thought it’s what you report to them that they can verify. Are they searching all colleges or universities across the US by your name or social security number?

• spoonschlab Said:
Does anyone know how AMCAS gets all your grades? I always thought it's what you report to them that they can verify. Are they searching all colleges or universities across the US by your name or social security number?

You report them and then have your schools send them transcripts for verification. I do not know how they detect people who do not submit all their grades, and I don't really care, but it's very dishonest and if you do get caught, no medical school will touch you. Do not go there . Just don't.

I emphasize what Denise said about not even thinking about not reporting grades. I have heard of people being dismissed from medical school after completing one, two, or even three years when it was found out that they lied on their application.

In answer to your question, though, I do recall hearing about an online services where companies, universities, etc, can check and see what universities someone has ever reported attending. I don’t know how accurate the service is, how the data is compiled or who uses it, but it’s out there. In this day and age of information technology and online records, it’s almost certain that if this technology isn’t used as a standard now, it will be in the future.