Tours in Washington DC

Does anyone know of a good tour to take while in DC? I’m going to have some extra hours to kill on Sunday and wouldn’t mind just cruising around the city on one of those tour buses.

Thanks!

The best tour you can do is just walking tour around the mall/ tidal basin area; Everything is close enough and you can see things at your own pace. When I have visitors and take them downtown, this is what we usually do - just metro into the Smithsonian station and walk!

Once when my grandmother was visiting, to save her 70±year-old legs I took the Old Town Trolley Tour and it was great! You can google it - it cost $35. If you mainly want to see the stuff around National Mall it’s probably not worth the money. But if you’d like to go further away - Georgetown, or National Cathedral and see some stuff on the way + listen to some stories, I’d recommend it.

I don’t know how much time you’ll have, but another option would be to take a cruise on the Potomac (google Potomac River Boating Company). They leave from Georgetown and go to Alexandria and back. Washington looks really beautiful from the River.

Kasia

• madkasia Said:
I don't know how much time you'll have, but another option would be to take a cruise on the Potomac (google Potomac River Boating Company). They leave from Georgetown and go to Alexandria and back. Washington looks really beautiful from the River.

Dude! We should do the water/boat tour thing!

Sounds good to me. I just need to be to the airport by 6-6:30 for an 8pm flight on Sunday.

Here’s their website http://www.potomacriverboatco.com

They have a few options to choose from.