Very Low Bachelor’s GPA

Hello,

Full disclosure I was a lazy POS during my bachelors degree on top of being a football player so I really didn’t care about school beyond graduating. I graduated college with a 2.1 GPA. 4 years later, I am an officer in the Air Force and currently working on my MBA with a 4.0 GPA. I finally worked through my study habits that I neglected in college and if I had the habits I have now, I would have done much better in my bachelors. I was wondering if there’s a realistic way to prove that I am no longer a lazy POS and could succeed in medical school? I.e. pre-med courses, etc? Thanks

1 Like

Absolutely! You would take the prerequisites as a post bacc “program.” Either through a formal or DIY route. The goal would be to get your cgpa to at least a 3.0 so you don’t end up getting screened out during the application process. Showing an upward trend is key for many of us who graduated with a gpa less than 3.0 in undergrad. Many people recommend an SMP but I don’t know too much about them so I’d research post bacc vs smp depending on how many prerequisites you’ve already taken at this point. Good luck!

Following, in same boat. Thinking about doing postbacc so I don’t get screened out. Does the cumulative gpa get screened out or the science one?