Washington DC area Get-together, Bonding Session!

I had a great time last night! It was so great to see you all again. Mary, please let us know the results of the match! I can’t wait to hear about it and maybe once you’re situated you’ll let me shadow you (hopefully)…hint, hint. Natalie, I guess I’ll see in about 2 months! Alyson, I’m drawing a blank on whether you’re coming to Denver but if you’re not there, I hope to see you on the Mall again for softball in the summer. Am I still on the e-mail list? I hope so b/c VB ends in mid-June and my class will be over and I won’t know what to do with myself with all that free time. Aeiko, it was nice to meet you. (I hope I’m getting your name right). To both you and Alyson, good luck on the MCAT and applying next year!
Love,
Stacy

It was nice to see you all and hope we can do that again – I will try to get more Georgteown post baccs out, though it was nice that Eiko joined us. I think she may join us online as well. It’s hard to get more people here – though I try all the time.
Stacey – Liam is the keeper of the softball list but I am not sure there will even be a team this year as neither of us work at the UN anymore and it was hard enough to get people out much less recruit a new person… plus I don’t have the time/energy to get a new sponsor… oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

Hi Folks,
I wrote a new entry in my Diary about our get-together. I really hope we can do it again. Maybe in Charlottesville! Maybe in Roanoke with Mary BB and Linda! I know that MaryR could use a little time in Blacksburg.
Natalie

Damn, wish I still lived in DC…

YES, YES, YES… My vote is for Roanoke for the next get-together. I will be there!!!
Of course I have to sell my house up here, but this is the first official day it is on the market.

How about one in Cleveland?

Well Natalie is going to have to get the Cleveland OPM chapter going, isn’t she? I know we’ve had other folks from Ohio on the boards… but dunno WHERE in Ohio…
and I’d definitely be up for a gathering in SW Virginia somewhere. Doubtful that I’d actually get to see my Hokie son but it’s a nice idea.
Meanwhile let me echo that I had a ton of fun at the Capitol Lounge with Stacy, Natalie, Alyson and Eiko! Interestingly, when I came home and hugged my daughter, she wrinkled her nose and said, “You REEK.” (I didn’t think the bar was THAT smoky.) This from a kid who admits, to my horror, that she smokes at parties. Go figure.

Yikes!

What?..no pictures of the crew??

If I recall correctly, photos were taken!

Natalie got photos on a “real” camera so we will have to wait for film to be developed… how 20th century! Her digital camera, which she has taken into the O.R. for particularly cool stuff, became an O.R. casualty one day and those tile floors are not forgiving.

aaaahhhhhh… I feel so bad. I wanted to go but I was feeling crappy that day because I didn’t get to sleep the night before… Insomnia…
I even had to miss Kaplan class. I’m glad everyone got together and had a great time. Hopefully next time.

No worries! There will be more!

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to make it; but will shoot for next time. It sounded like everyone enjoyed themselves. If not before then, at least I will meet most of you in Denver (or on the way - once I know my approximate itinerary I’ll post it so you can look for me on the road - maybe even arrange to meet at a greasy spoon ). Just got some maps and am starting to plan the route. Next thing to get is an ipod for the ride (can’t go wrong with your whole music library in your pocket! )
Seth