Washington DC area Get-together, Bonding Session!

OK folks,
I have fifteen whole days off beginning March 1st. Now some of that time will be spent in Cleveland finding a place to live that will take two small brown beagles. The rest of the time will be pretty open so lets try to plan something. I can even make it into the area during a weekday so lets see if we can get together before I am banished to the “hinterlands” of Salem, Va and the VA hospital for the next few months and off to the cold frozen North (Cleveland) after that!
Natalie

On Monday I’ll get my ER schedule… so will then know which days I’m available. (Hmmmm, probably shouldn’t go out for margaritas and THEN show up for my 11-7 shift, huh!) Natalie it would be great to see you! And Calvin, shouldn’t your spring break be coming up sometime soon?

Oh, my spring break (from my one measley little math class that of course is kicking my ass so far) is next week 3/7-3/14. Any day is good for me except for Weds. (I have volleyball games on Weds. nights). It would be great to see you all again! Any weekend is fine too. I will cancel all plans (except VB) to hang out with OPMers.
Love,
Stacy

i also am unavailable for Wednesday (West Wing, the ONE show I watch) and Fri/Sat next week (working the 3-11 shift those nights). But I’m doing nights Monday and Tuesday - I would have to abstain from booze but not from fun, could definitely go out before work. I could also do late Sunday afternoon (3/7), I’ll be getting off at 3pm that day.

Hey Folks,

How about Monday or Thursday? How about early evening? Don’t have to drink but we can do some OPM strategy sessions and find some interesting food. If not, road party to Roanoke anyone???

Natalie

either day works for me. If it’s Monday, I likely wouldn’t join in too early since I don’t have to check in at GWU until 11pm. If it’s Thursday, I’m totally open on the time.

Monday and Thursday are both good days for me next week (or any week really–Tuesdays and Wednesdays are bad days for me). I leave work (in DC) at 4:30 p.m. and could meet you for Happy Hour somewhere. Just let me know where!
Love,
Stacy

Hey Folks,
Lets plan on Thursday! Anyone is welcome to join us. How about one of you folks who live there suggest a place since I was surprised at how much the area has changed in the 1.5 years that I have been in Charlottesville.
Good bar, good food something like that! Lets set a time that isn’t too difficult because of the rush hour. Lets set a place that isn’t too difficult to find.
Natalie

I propose the Capitol Lounge because it is a, near a metro and b,there is usually parking on the Hill.
Does that woek for all of you?

Quote:

I propose the Capitol Lounge because it is a, near a metro and b,there is usually parking on the Hill.
Does that woek for all of you?

Hey there,
Details on Capitol Lounge. Which metro stop is it near and what is the address? What’s a good time for everyone, maybe 5:30 or so? It the place so crowded that we can’t here ourselves speak? If so, we might be better served in a place in Va that has might be less crowded at that hour. If not, Capitol Lounge is as good as anyplace.
Natalie
Anyone who wants to show up is welcome even if you haven’t make our little gathering. We can discuss plans and progress and get pumped up about the upcoming Denver convention.

Here is a map that shows the address (231 Penn Ave, SE) and the closest metro (Capitol South, orange and blue). At 5:30 it shouldn’t be too loud and I suggest we meet downstairs.
Here’s the map

that works for me, count me in! In the past when we’ve floated these DC get-togethers we’ve had folks come from both Maryland and Virginia, as well as inside the District, so Capitol Hill makes sense to me.
Just don’t drink the water

Hello…I don’t know if anyone would recognize me cause I didn’t really get to know everyone at the DC convention last year. I have a Kaplan class at 7pm though. arghh… I’d love to stop by and say hi to everyone.

Hi there,
Come on by. You can still Metro to the DC Kaplan Center by 7pm.
Natalie

I’ve been busy with one of my jobs moving last week, so - I just saw the plans. I don’t think I’ll be able to make this one. Thursday is a late night at work - so I wouldn’t be able to get up to D.C. until 10p.m.
Seth

Well, Seth, there will almost certainly be a next time, so stay tuned. And IIRC you’re coming to Denver, right? So lots o’ good times ahead.

I will be there. I have a sky blue backpack. I have brown eyes and brown hair and will be wearing a pant suit since I still have a “day job” for now. (If you see someone looking lost and confused, yep that’s me).
See you there!
Love,
Stacy

I’ll be there – dressed almost all in black, red hair. Hopefully my shoes will match each other…

I’ll be there in jeans, light gray GWU SOM sweatshirt, khaki backpack (contents: 100 pages of E-med stuff to read on the train before tomorrow’s test). Hopefully the Capitol Lounge will let me in, I am NOT dressing up on my day off!
I have three more days in my short white coat. Then it’s nuthin’ but jeans or shorts and t-shirts for me until July!

Oh, they’ll let you in…