We Sold our House!!!

YEsssssss. We are going to accept the offer that is ont he table for our house. Much lower than our original asking price but we still make a nice profit and will be heading into medical school with $0 in debt of any kind!!!

Now, what to do for the 2 months between moving and closing. hhhhmmmm. This is a tough one. More to come!!!

That’s great news Gabe! Things have a way of working out sometimes.

• gabelerman Said:
YEsssssss. We are going to accept the offer that is ont he table for our house. Much lower than our original asking price but we still make a nice profit and will be heading into medical school with $0 in debt of any kind!!!!!

Now, what to do for the 2 months between moving and closing. hhhhmmmm. This is a tough one. More to come!!!

Congratulations, Gabe!

So, er... you got a tent?

CONGRATS!

Now, hold onto your shorts, because “The Ride” is just about to begin!!!

Ok. so we are going to rent a house in our town for the next 3 months and move up to maine July 1. 99% of our crap is going into storage.

I want to go paper for the next few months, but the wife insists on using china. am I delusional for thinking I can win this one?

• gabelerman Said:
I want to go paper for the next few months, but the wife insists on using china. am I delusional for thinking I can win this one?

Yes.

Good luck--you'll enjoy UNECOM--a pretty campus and an excellent OMM program.
  • gabelerman Said:
Ok. so we are going to rent a house in our town for the next 3 months and move up to maine July 1. 99% of our crap is going into storage.

Yes. 8 months of paper can add up to significant money.

3 months of paper. And I would go to costco.

Delusional. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Judy

Thanks Judy, I thought I was. But hey can’t blame a guy (only one in my household) for trying. Guess I better get used to being outvoted but the lady constituency.

You could box up much of your glassware and dishes but then you’re committed to washing them more often… it is just me and my husband in our house now (except when kids come home) so why are there TWELVE PLATES and, I swear to God, 30 or more glasses in the cupboard?

More disturbingly, why are we sometimes down to the last plate or glass? Answer: the rest of them are in the sink or the dishwasher.

My argument against paper is twofold: 1, it is hard to cut a nice steak on even a good Chinet plate; 2, a big baked potato makes the plate all squishy. I rest my case.

Mary

Gabe, let me share some hard-won wisdom with you…

IF MOMMA AIN’T HAPPY, AIN’T NOBODY HAPPY!!!

I think you can figure out the rest from here…

• gabelerman Said:
YEsssssss. We are going to accept the offer that is ont he table for our house. Much lower than our original asking price but we still make a nice profit and will be heading into medical school with $0 in debt of any kind!!!!!

Congrats!!!

I got a few suggestions for what to do in those 2 months by the way but they all involve imbibing copious amounts of alcohol.