When's the Latest You Can Take the MCAT?

I was under the impression that if you wanted to apply for the class starting in the fall of 2004, that the latest you could take the MCAT was August 2003…and that the April 2004 MCAT wouldn't work. Am I correct in thinking that? Or is an April 2004 MCAT acceptable for a fall admission?

Boeing,
Nope! You are correct! August MCAT would be the latest acceptable for next year's imcoming class. While they interview through the spring, scores from next year's April MCAT would just be too late in arriving.

QUOTE (Boeing @ Jul 5 2003, 12:08 PM)
I was under the impression that if you wanted to apply for the class starting in the fall of 2004, that the latest you could take the MCAT was August 2003...and that the April 2004 MCAT wouldn't work. Am I correct in thinking that? Or is an April 2004 MCAT acceptable for a fall admission?

Hi there,
Even with taking the August MCAT, your scores are not ready until around October 15th so your application is in the "later" pile. This is not too great of a handicapp if you applied to a school that has rolling admissions. You would not be able to apply Early Decision unless you wait a year.
Natalie smile.gif