Where do I start?

Hi everyone,

I came here looking for some advice on where to get started towards some serious GPA repair.

A little background information. After several years battling an illness while in college, I graduated from UCLA with a horrendous 2.41 gpa There is an upward trend if that helps. Anyways, I took all but the second semester of Ochem. Regardless, my SGPA average aside from Physics (which I took in my last year getting A’s) is around a C average.

Now that I am feeling much healthier I really want to give it another shot. I read through some of the posts about doing a second bachelors and retaking the premeds. After some research, to my dismay, many of the programs I’ve come across require at least a 2.5 to even attempt the second bachelors Does this mean my only option at this point is retaking classes at the community college level or am I just out of options.

Any advice/input would be much appreciated. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post.

Rule 1: Take a Breath

Rule 10: Beware of FUD - Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt

A second bachelor’s is not required by any means. What is needed academically is a fresh set of the required prereqs. There are several ways to approach this. You can get into a formal postbacc. While many do require minimum GPA for entrance, there are those that are designed as GPA enhancers. You can also simply take courses at a 4 year school as a non-matriculated student.

Welcome!

1986 B.A., 2.196 here. Nice to meet you!

My story is all over these boards and on my blog so I won’t bore you with the details.

2012, 3.8 in all science courses done at same 4 year university… as a non-trad pre-med registered as degree seeking for the health insurance and the ability to pay my tuition in installments.

Start with one class. Do exceedingly well (never accept a “B” mentality, but if you get one, learn from it and do differently the next semester).

See how it goes. Good luck!