Who is the person that is using WileyPlus on here???

I only ask because I am considering purchasing a license code for 95 bucks and am wondering if it is worth the money or not.

I have the Klein Ochem 1st ED text. If anyone has had experience with Wiley Plus please chime in.

This would be for my own study use since my professor does not currently use Wiley Plus nor the Klein text.

Thanks!!

I Would NEVER have purchased this if my professor did not require it for all homework. I like to factor out my equations by hand with a pencil. Wiley Plus is SUPER persnickity about how you enter the answers to the questions. Homework problems I would get credit for if I could hand them in, are counted 100% wrong on Wiley plus if you do not enter it exactly the way, down to the decimal, as the program asks. Personally, I hate it. It is going to ruin my Physics grade.

I’m taking orgo1 now and we have the option to augment our studies with WileyPlus. Our professor though specifically said that he’s not look at it at all because its not needed to learn organic chemistry. Thus far for me the book and solution manual are working well.

From my experience as a chemistry recitation instructor most online chemistry tools are more trouble than they are worth. Secondly they tend to be expensive.

My suggestion would be to get a decent book and the solution manual, either used or via bit torrent. Do the work by hand.

Thanks you two! I almost shelled out big moola for this online thingie.

I think I’ll stick to the tried and true paper, pencil, and solutions manual.

Thx again for the replies!

Taking Ochem II right now, and I picked up all the powerpoints from the Klein text and the book itself even though it isn’t the one we use. I am dying in the class, but that alone seems to be keeping me afloat. That and the fact that I have a good (but hard) prof.

• Shazaambio Said:
Taking Ochem II right now, and I picked up all the powerpoints from the Klein text and the book itself even though it isn't the one we use. I am dying in the class, but that alone seems to be keeping me afloat. That and the fact that I have a good (but hard) prof.

I'm from Orlando!!! And I love the Klein text! ...and I'm in Orgo II!!! We're kindred spirits!!! LoL

Ok, but on a serious note. This is what has helped me the most. Honestly, do the reactions, mechs, and synthesis with your pencil and paper. Under no circumstances just read the text and powerpoint and justify to yourself that, "I need to learn the context first" I made this mistake in Orgo I and almost lost my A.

Push the electrons and the context of the chapter will come with it. Trust me! Also, invest some money in www.coursesaver.com it will absolutely save your life! And you can get a three month subscription for about 30-40 bucks for a whole science topic (physics, gen chem, and orgo)

Are you at UCF or Valencia??? PM me and we can reminisce on all things O-town, hehehe. My family currently lives right by Lake Eola in downtown.

Good luck in orgo!

Wow, small world in OPM, I used to live in Houston as well. I am at both UCF and Valencia right now, I graduated from Valencia with my AS in EMS (working as a paramedic right now) as well as my AA, and I transferred to UCF. Taking orgo II at valencia since I began the sequence there, and the UCF sequence is pretty different. That and my Valencia orgo prof is also a UCF orgo prof, but I get the benefit of a cheaper and smaller class. The other 2 classes I am taking are at UCF. (I know 11 hours isn’t a huge load, but when you are also working full time in an ER, that seems like more than enough) Good luck and best wishes to you my friend, it seems we are in the same weather-beaten boat as it were. Gotta love OPM.

• Shazaambio Said:
Taking orgo II at valencia since I began the sequence there, and the UCF sequence is pretty different. That and my Valencia orgo prof is also a UCF orgo prof, but I get the benefit of a cheaper and smaller class. The other 2 classes I am taking are at UCF. (I know 11 hours isn't a huge load, but when you are also working full time in an ER, that seems like more than enough)

Who is your orgo professor and what ER do you work at?

Valentine Johns, and Florida Hospital East.

Ah I had Orgo 1 & 2 at UCF but didn’t have him. I was a medic at health central EMS before we got laid off but it would have been a really bad day if we transported to FHE. I also went to VCC for medic school (“respectively”).

• Matt1986 Said:
...I was a medic at health central EMS before we got laid off but it would have been a really bad day if we transported to FHE. I also went to VCC for medic school ("respectively").

VCC medic school under Ray Taylor?? What year? I worked at FHEMS for a number of years before returning for nursing school.

I know East "the beast" all to well, lol!!

I graduated September 2008. Ray and Dean. I sat on the wall at east for 5 hours when I worked at rural metro once.

Hahaha! Small world. I graduated in 2006. Tell Ray and Dean, that Julio says hi!

Dean was still with OFD back then and Ray had already retired eons ago.

Wow, VCC medic school with the AS for me as well. Also with Ray Taylor and Dean. And yes, I work at East ‘the beast’ after a stint with Rural Metro because I knew the reputation having delivered patients there, and trust me, this ER LIVES UP to that reputation. On one hand, I leave home (EDIT* I meant work… how sad is that on a subliminal psychological level) feeling like I got beat up (either figuratively, or sometimes literally), and on the other hand I have seen so much cool and crazy stuff that it has made the last 3 years worthwhile, especially since we got the residency program and I get to sit in with the training docs on some things.

Glad to see that the rep of my ED has spread to the OPM boards, I feel like you guys can really get where I am coming from when I say my job kicks my ass and then I get to wake up for Ochem II with only a few hours of sleep.

Small world in OPM… but I think I for one have to give a bit of credit to Ray for this… he was one hell of a teacher, and if you worked hard and paid attention, you ended up as not only a good paramedic, but essentially as a well prepared pre-med. That man should have been a doctor, imo.

PS: I always considered Health Central EMS (not necessarily their ED) to be one of the best paramedic responses in central Florida, it’s a shame they all got canned.

Also a PPS: FHEMS (LMAO, fhems…) got changed to Florida Hospital Ground/Air Transport Services)… new acronym: FHG/ATS… I don’t know how you could manage a worse nomenclature for our EMS than Fhems… but they did with Fhgats.

Matt… do you still work in Orlando and come to East? I have the sneaking suspicion we might actually know each other already. The coincidences seem to be a little too abundant.

I work in Orlando but I’m in research now. I got picked up by RMA when HCEMS went under (RMA offered everyone at HCEMS a job) but I really didn’t want to go back. I haven’t been to FHE in awhile but I’m sure we’ve seen each other around. For awhile I was the “young” medic at HCEMS and that’s how most people knew me.