Why can't I post a poll?

I'm trying to post a poll, but it keeps telling me that I can't. Is it a problem with me personally, or does that function just not work?
Here is the message I'm getting:
You cannot start a poll
You are currently logged in as spacecadet

could be a problem with the board. relax, we’ll “get to it”…lol
thanks for letting us know…

That would be one of the board settings. Initially, I set it such that only moderators and administrators could open polls. My concern was rooted in how abused this function/priviledge is on other discussion forums, esp on SDN. I figured once we were confident that y’all weren’t gonna start polls on what your favorite sexual position was (yep, I had delete that one from SDN – amazing how those youngins’ll post anything!!!), I’d lax it up and let all members have this ability.
Now, with the forums acting a fool and quitting occasionally, let us get this problem worked out and then I will upgrade everyone’s ability to start polls. Right now, I don’t want to overload or piss off the board until Cheryl can return to upgrade us or import this thing to a new software package.
Thanks for being patient!

It’s ok. I was going to post a poll on whether I should defer or try to start school pregnant (due in Oct). However, since I’m not sure what all my options are, it’s better to wait. :) I haven’t talked to Baylor yet b/c I haven’t gotten my official letter.

Quote (OldManDave @ May 23 2002,11:17)
My concern was rooted in how abused this function/priviledge is on other discussion forums, esp on SDN. I figured once we were confident that y'all weren't gonna start polls on what your favorite sexual position was (yep, I had delete that one from SDN -- amazing how those youngins'll post anything!!!), I'd lax it up and let all members have this ability.

OMG!!! I have been PIMP since I read this!! That is too funny!
Thanks for the laugh Dave.

Pam,
CONGRATULATIONS on the baby!!! Very very cool!!!
As far as starting pregnant…would have to defer to the female members of our organization, esp those who have endured/enjoyed the process of reproduction. I think for me to offer “advice” would be beyond arrogant!

Sorry all, please excuse me, just testing if I can post. :)