Work in Adolescent Drug/Alcohol Treatment

Hello!

I am in the middle of my first (of two) gap year. I am currently working towards applying to medical school in June 2021.

For the last nine months, I have been working at a residential drug and alcohol treatment facility for adolescents and young adults as a technician. I am working with these patients throughout their stay (often between 30 and 60 days) and develop long-term therapeutic relationships with them. I am really passionate about my job and want to work in addiction medicine. I often see discussions about pre-med students working as CNAs, scribes, or EMTs but I was wondering if this experience would be considered clinical? As a technician, I work alongside psychiatrists, nurses, psychologists, and counselors and work on a unit of ~ 30 patients at any given time.

I have other clinical experience through shadowing and hospital volunteering, but I have been feeling anxious about this and want to ensure that I have sufficient experience by the time I apply in the 2021-2022 cycle.

Thank you!

of course it will be considered as clinical experience ! it is most important what experience do you really have , working with any kind of patients ,than on your papers. You are doing a great job, you are a hero !