Work/life balance as an MD

Hey everyone, I had a quick question. I’ve been a member here for about a week now, been skimming the forums and listening to the podcast and really can’t find the answer to this one question.

I want to know the work/life balance of majority practicing physicians?

I don’t know if that’s a “hard” question bc it’s so general and there are so many specialties. But I usually here that “it shouldn’t matter, if you want to be a doctor, do it” or “it’s different from a surgeon to an internal medicine doc to an emergency room doc” … those are all valid points, however it’s not something I can simply accept at face value. I’m 30 y/o, 3 kids, and I’m looking at leaving Active duty army, to pursuit the path of DO. However I don’t want to fall into another career that takes more time away from my family, especially when I’m hearing that PAs, have a much better quality of life.

If anyone else is experiencing this decision point in their life I’d really like to hear some more discussion points for the topic. Or any valuable advice anyone might have would be great. Thanks in advanced.