Writer seeking women 35-55

Hello – I’m a new member, and old (51), although not a pre-med. I am a journalist (New York Times Magazine, “O”) and an author (Carved In Sand: When Attention Fails and Memory Fades in Midlife). I’m looking for women between the ages of 35 and 55 who would like to participate in an article I’m writing for MORE Magazine, about women who decide to return to school and become doctors well into their lives. I totally admire all of you.

This will be fun and exciting (and it won’t hurt, I promise!) Please contact me and tell me a little of your story. I can be reached at cjr@carvedinsand.com.

Catheryn,

While I am not a women, I am glad you found our forum & were able to submit your solicitation for female members for your story. I rec’d your e-mail, but, as you well know, have not yet answered it - although I do promise I meant to do so.

You may have more luck if you also post this infor within the pre-med forums. Oh…and one other suggestion…your thread title sounds like a heading on one of those dating websites . If you rephrased it a bit, I think you’d get more interest! LOL!

Best of luck with your article!

Thanks for the suggestions, David, I’ll follow them and see what happens!

Cathryn

Good luck with it, Cathryn . And LOL @ OMD.

Could you tell more about your magazine? My computer isn’t set to outlook, so it didn’t work when I tried to e-mail you.

While I am a GUY type, I grant most of the credit for what I have been able to accomplish to my WIFE of 24 years… NO REALLY I have had to sit at various desks during testing, so my name is on the paperwork, it IS my wife Kathy who has facilitated all of this.

The circumstances are pretty traditional, (definitley NOT the so-called “feminist” paradigm) so some paper like yours might not be interested, but my wifes POWER in her CHOSEN field has made the difference.

She has been featured in other articles like the Kansas City Star, but if you are into a particular political point of view you will not be moved…

Richard: Please go back and reread what you responded to. The proposed article is specifically focusing on women between the ages of 35 to 55 who have returned to school, with the ultimate goal of becoming a physician. Unless your wife satisfied all 3 of these criteria, she would not qualify. To sum up, this request had nothing to do with a political point of view.

swmed

• Richard B Said:
While I am a GUY type, I grant most of the credit for what I have been able to accomplish to my WIFE of 24 years... NO REALLY I have had to sit at various desks during testing, so my name is on the paperwork, it IS my wife Kathy who has facilitated all of this.

The circumstances are pretty traditional, (definitley NOT the so-called "feminist" paradigm) so some paper like yours might not be interested, but my wifes POWER in her CHOSEN field has made the difference.

She has been featured in other articles like the Kansas City Star, but if you are into a particular political point of view you will not be moved...

Cathryn: I sent you an email.