Writers Block - Personal statement Resources, Websites, Advice?

I normally feel very comfortable writing, and have written a number of successful personal statements, but I am blocked. Anyone have a nice list of personal statement links and resources, including sample personal statements? I I could also use some targeted advice from an older non-trad (i.e. 30 or 40 plus) with an interesting career behind you? I am struggling with narrowing things down. There’s too much to write about - maybe that’s a good thing, but I am not sure what to focus on most.

I’m compiling a list of all my references from last year. I’ll post it early tomorrow, or later tonight.

Get it all out and worry about cutting it down later. Once it’s out of your head, you can form it and come up with your message.

You guys can all thank the guy who created Evernote for this. Without the magic of its search function I would never have found all my old notes related to this because I’d moved them all in my “application archive” notebook - which has 452 notes in it.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1Iny8 Zqs2p…

Thank you both! I have a very rough first draft finally. And am now going to take a look at your stuff, Pixie. Thank you!

Doc Gray - you rock just for your mission statement.

Just a comment Pixie - thank you, your resources are really helpful - and I can;t wait to tell my husband who’s a computer geek who loves Evernote. Second, there’s a lot of good advice on there and I am going to make the most out of this. You are awesome!

Megsmed - Glad it helped. Seemed a waste to have all that data and no one to use it.

Pixie- thank you for posting these great resources. I am still revising my personal statement and the websites are really helpful.