Yet another question about grades

Hey there! My name is Alexis and I just joined OPM about a week ago.
I have a quick question regarding grades…I began college at a jc in CA, and graduated from there with a GPA of 3.45…I went on to transfer to UCLA and graduated from there with a degree in Psychology and a GPA of 3.7. I would love to pursue a post-bacc program, except I have 3 W's on my Undergraduate Record (all in non-science courses) 2 from my jc and 1 from my first quarter at UCLA. Realistically, I'd like to know how these will affect my chances for getting into a competitive post-bacc program and/or ultimately medical school. Thanks!

Alexis
I dont think you have anything at all to worry about. After talking with some of the members here and my current grade situation, your GPA would be considered for acceptance into Med school. I am recovering from 5 years of low grades (i.e. 2.0) when I first started college right out of high school. My priorities were not right and I had no clue of what I wanted to do with my life. I have yet to apply to Med school but feel rather certain I will have a shot at it. I was told by friend of mine who made it in to med school that the main thing schools are looking for is that you improved and have overcome the past. They want to see that you have taken your lemons and made lemonade out of them.
Later

3 Ws will likely have minimal effect, if any, on the progress of your application. However, to be on the safe side, have an honest & well articulated explanation as to why you choose to withdraw from those classes. Please note, that is not an excuse as to why…but a mature, rational reason. One of the most critical aspects of a nontraditionals application to medical school, outside of grades & MCAT, is the maturity & professionalism to take responsibility for both your achievements and your transgressions. AdComs do not expect nontrads to apply unblemished…if they do, then they are not being realistic and probably do not represent a school that is truly open to nontrads. But they do expect a much stronger sense of ownership in your education.
As a nontrad, you have a history – be proud of it. The talents that you have developed merely living inthe big bad world will serve you very well in medical school. Sell yourself as a collection of those virtues. Use the mistakes that you made to highlight how well things are going now – goofed up the cause I was undisciplined, but now look how awesome I am doing. I learned my lessons well!
Convey those messages clearly, they are expected of someone with more life experience than a 22-yr old.