your boy is back OPM!

YES YOUR BOY IS BACK!!!

It’s OVER!!! got the A in both Chem I and Chem II so I can now say summer well spent! it’s been a journey but wow was it a great feeling to learn alot and also get this pre-med stuff started right and now feel like I’m immersed in it. there’s no turning back- after putting myself through that I never knew I’d find such satisfaction in studying my @$$ off and working harder than I ever had before. I’m LOVING THIS!!!

hoping to catch up with all of you. this past summer term (chem II) was a little bit tough to fit all of this into my schedule and I’m moving to a new apt. in 2 weeks so it’s been a little crazy. Update- I am not going to quit my job and do the school fast-track program full time. Soooo I signed up for Organic I and Bio I in the Fall and will take Organic II and Bio II in the spring. then I decided that taking Physics next summer won’t be too bad also deciding that the military will have to wait and it’s not going anywhere so I will look to the HPSP if I still desire to but for now my main focus is GETTING INTO MED SCHOOL! gotta keep that focus. so we’ll see how things go with the girlfriend… she is pressing me to move to alabama where she is and long distance is tough but for now… let’s see how these classes go! Great to be back OPM! i’m free for 2 weeks before fall starts!

Grats on the As. Fall should be fun . I tell ya, though - for me, finding apartments has been as stressful as any course I’ve taken. It’s just a pain - so grats on that as well.

Congrats on the grades. Now take a well deserved breather.

gabe

gabe! I saw your white coat picture ok so you gotta tell us: how great did that moment feel?

• Miller J. Said:
YES YOUR BOY IS BACK!!!

It's OVER!!! got the A in both Chem I and Chem II so I can now say summer well spent! it's been a journey but wow was it a great feeling to learn alot and also get this pre-med stuff started right and now feel like I'm immersed in it. there's no turning back- after putting myself through that I never knew I'd find such satisfaction in studying my @$$ off and working harder than I ever had before. I'm LOVING THIS!!!

hoping to catch up with all of you. this past summer term (chem II) was a little bit tough to fit all of this into my schedule and I'm moving to a new apt. in 2 weeks so it's been a little crazy. Update- I am not going to quit my job and do the school fast-track program full time. Soooo I signed up for Organic I and Bio I in the Fall and will take Organic II and Bio II in the spring. then I decided that taking Physics next summer won't be too bad also deciding that the military will have to wait and it's not going anywhere so I will look to the HPSP if I still desire to but for now my main focus is GETTING INTO MED SCHOOL! gotta keep that focus. so we'll see how things go with the girlfriend.. she is pressing me to move to alabama where she is and long distance is tough but for now... let's see how these classes go! Great to be back OPM! i'm free for 2 weeks before fall starts!

Congrats!! How did you think Gen Chem 2 was different from 1? Study more, less, about the same, etc.? I have 2 weeks until I start it (regular Fall semester) so I'm curious...spill!

Damn good way to start out though, especially getting both of those done during the summer. I think if I took that many labs in that short an amount of time, I'd go crazy. Well, more crazy.

Ok here’s tha spill- if you look on the chem. topic you’ll see me venting somewhat b/c my teacher was a total douche` didn’t care about explaining a darn thing and I basically had to teach myself all that in a short amount of time so that was my frustration. On the flip side, I feel like I pushed myself more (until he altered the curve system more and I went from a low B to a High A) and then I kind of slacked off somewhat… which is no excuse, but oh well. it had been a long summer. all in All, Gen Chem II seemed more difficult for me, then again it might have just been the fact that science is something that doesn’t come natural to me, especially when there’s math involved and I really need someone to TEACH it to me. and that wasn’t the case so maybe it was harder because of that. it’s not impossible though and I’ve heard that it’s a great thing to get off your plate and then you can have some fun with Organic, bio, whatever is left. you start in 2 weeks so I’d probably go ahead and brush up on the first couple of chapters. I thought they were the easiest that we studied all semester so you’ll wanna ROCK that first test. on atmospheric pressure and the likes. I used to be a pilot so I excelled in those areas.

• Miller J. Said:
Ok here's tha spill- if you look on the chem. topic you'll see me venting somewhat b/c my teacher was a total douche` didn't care about explaining a darn thing and I basically had to teach myself all that in a short amount of time so that was my frustration. On the flip side, I feel like I pushed myself more (until he altered the curve system more and I went from a low B to a High A) and then I kind of slacked off somewhat.. which is no excuse, but oh well. it had been a long summer. all in All, Gen Chem II seemed more difficult for me, then again it might have just been the fact that science is something that doesn't come natural to me, especially when there's math involved and I really need someone to TEACH it to me. and that wasn't the case so maybe it was harder because of that. it's not impossible though and I've heard that it's a great thing to get off your plate and then you can have some fun with Organic, bio, whatever is left. you start in 2 weeks so I'd probably go ahead and brush up on the first couple of chapters. I thought they were the easiest that we studied all semester so you'll wanna ROCK that first test. on atmospheric pressure and the likes. I used to be a pilot so I excelled in those areas.

Sounds "fun"...I haven't seen anything on atmospheric pressure yet, the first chapter looks to be on chemical kinetics and it talks about first-order, second-order, zero-order rate reactions, how to calculate a rate reaction, graphing it, etc....to be honest, my textbook does a piss poor job of explaining the material, which is why I asked how it is because I don't think I'll be able to learn too much on my own due to the lackluster quality of the book.

ok they’ve got you on rate order first. no problem alot of my other classmates covered atmospheric pressures and gas laws in the first chemistry class Gen Chem I. we did not have time to cover that in our short 4 weeks so it carried over into the second class. ya heard me? what other classes will you be taking in addition to gen chem II? are you working on your bachelors degree or a post-bacc?

• Miller J. Said:
ok they've got you on rate order first. no problem alot of my other classmates covered atmospheric pressures and gas laws in the first chemistry class Gen Chem I. we did not have time to cover that in our short 4 weeks so it carried over into the second class. ya heard me? what other classes will you be taking in addition to gen chem II? are you working on your bachelors degree or a post-bacc?

Right, we learned all about the different gas laws since I took Gen Chem I during the normal semester. We also had time to cover intermolecular bonding, orbital theory, as well as behavior of solutions.

I'll be taking Gen Chem II, Calculus I, Biology I, and Scuba. I talked to someone the other night who said that it's not uncommon for the textbook to not help much in Gen Chem II; she said that it's not too bad but I have to wait for the teacher and lectures because the textbook by itself is rather useless. I'm working on my bachelor's.