2008 Acceptances

CONGRATS to both of you guys!

jlw and meg congrats on the acceptances and being the first two from this forum to be accepted from the 2008 application cycle.

YAYYYYY!

• jlw9698 Said:
  • Quote:

I got accepted at Creighton!!!!!!!!!

Ack! this is what happens when you hit "edit" instead of reply without even looking... something a mod can do.

I have totally stomped on jlw's excited announcement. I'm so sorry. The original said something like, "I got my call about 20 minutes after megboo called to tell me about CCOM. We're going to be doctors!!!!!"

Geeze, I apologize profusely, up down and sideways. And I congratulate you besides, jlw. The reason I was replying was to say, I really liked Creighton based on their website and wished I could apply there. So I'm glad to know someone who may end up there. Congratulations!

Sorry, sorry, sorry. Gaaak. That was way too easy to do or else I am way more tired than I realize.

Mary

lol

Don't worry about it, Mary! I'm a mod at SDN and I've come so close to doing that so many times it's not even funny..

Thanks for trying to reconstruct my post- you did a pretty good job (if I remember what I wrote..)! Thanks for the congrats, everyone! Still very excited!

I got into UMDNJ-SOM. Sweet.

Congrats! Yay! Yippee! Ain’t it sweet to get that acceptance in your hand?!

fantastico!!

Congrats, obesedude!

Good for you obesedude!

Congrats, dude! That was a quick turnaround after the interview, yes?

Yeah, interviewed Tuesday, accepted Friday. It was quick but I am not complaining :).

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for your congratulations on the acceptance and supporting me this past year. I had a lot of doubt but you guys helped erase much of it along the way.

NICE!!! !!!

WTG!!! !!!

Congratulations Obesedude!

I told you that all you need is one ‘yes’. I guess now you can delete the post about rejections :).

Is it your top choice, or you’re still going to go to some interviews?

Kasia

Congrats, 'dude! Now you can really tuck in and enjoy that Thanksgiving turkey.

Mary

Congratulations to Megboo, JLW, and Obesedude! That is awesome that you were all accepted to medical schools. I’m so happy for you all!

Love,

Stacy

wtg, obesedude! you rawk!

WOOHOO!!! Congrats dude on the acceptance!

Thanks!

Good luck to you too!!!

Hi everyone! I just found this site today while I was desperately searching the web for a reason Mayo would have sent me a rejection email without ever offering me the telephone interview. Does anyone know exactly how they make the initial decision? This is the first I have heard post-secondary from any school and it is a bit disheartening. I consider my application to be a Strong one; my pre-med advisor has deemed me a “high priority” student.

GPA:3.72, MCAT: V10 B12 P14 Q.

I have diverse healthcare experiences, a research resume that is impressive, I have been teaching for years, a primary authored publication…Washington University even extended a personal invitation for me to complete a secondary when they noticed that I had not applied to their program through AMCAS. The only detriment I can imagine is the fact that I applied later. My AMCAS was verified about 6 weeks ago. Is it possible that I am too confident in my stats? Do rolling admissions mean that they don’t wish to be bothered with me because it is “later”? I apologize for spewing all of these questions out. I am perturbed and confused. I just wish the whole application process was straight forward!

Hi Nicky,

Welcome to Old Premeds!

Was this your first choice school? I can understand your distress about this, but it is very possible that there will be an even better fit for you at another school. You do have good stats, and I’m sure that medical school is in your future.

You may have some challenges because you did apply late. Since you were verified the end of September/beginning of October, you are a few months behind many other applicants. I believe that it is either June or July when the application season starts. Did you apply broadly? or did you just apply to a few places?

Kris