2008 Interviews

Congratulations Megboo on your completed and upcoming interviews. DMU and CCOM are both great schools. . . . but I’m a little prejudiced towards WVSOM, since that is where I will be graduating (hopefully) in 2009. If you have any questions about WVSOM, just let me know!

And JLW, good luck at Creighton!!

Thanks Linda!

Also got an invite to Nova on 11/9 today via e-mail!

congratulations Meg!! I think any interviews with any school is a tremondous accomplishment! I think I would do an actual backflip if I got one

Thanks, Linda!

I also got a VCU invite today. They’re already booking into February!

I know meg and I both have MCAT scores coming back in 11 days, so cross your fingers for us for more good news after 10/10!

I am crossing my fingers for everyone to get interview invites soon - myself included!! This is a strange year, two of my children are interviewing for college this fall too (one volunteered for a year between HS and college).

I second that! I am hoping we all get interviews. I finished AMCAS in August, and I spent the month of September filling out secondaries. I guess it is still early, but it is killing me that I haven’t heard anything back. How long is the turn around from receiving your secondaries to either rejecting or inviting you to interview? I know that I should have gotten through the process earlier, but I have been overwhelmed by it all. Reading about everyone setting up interviews, makes me want to kick myself for taking so long. Can anyone out there tell me it will all be okay?

It will be fine. If you only sent in your secondaries in September, you are going to have to keep waiting. I sent in my secondaries in August-September and I started receiving interview invites at the end of October/beginning of November.

You are going to have to be patient. There is no other medicine.

Thanks. I will save my whining for if I don’t hear anything by December.

Hey guys! Looking Good! Already landing interview slots & early in the game. MegBoo is racking’em up. JLW ain’t doing too slouchy either.

Remember, all ya need is ONE yes-letter!

Best of luck & success!!!

I have an interview at UMDNJ-NJMS on 10/18. Yes.

Congrats!

Yay, interview!

Gluck with it, obesedude!

I am about to jump out of my skin I am so excited! I just got an interview invitation from Nova Southeastern University! Most likely on 11/14! yahoo! Praise the Lord!

YAYYYY!

Congratulation Snow Girl!!!

I bet you’ll do great. And now having received one interview, you’ll be able to relax a little bit, and wait for other invites!!!

Good luck,

Kasia

thanks so much! I hope there are more invites! I hope your studies are going well!

congrats snowgirl! we are all rooting for you.

I had my interview at NJMS and a few things stood out:

Toughest Question - Tell me about your mother?

You would think that would be an easy question but I see it just like asking you why do you want to be a doctor. You know the answer but you have to really think about it first before you can answer.

Best Part - Being interrupted for an emergency.

You would think this would be bad but because of this I got to meet some more of the faculty members of the School. I knew I wanted to go to NJMS but getting sometime to explore the campus on my own terms, I discovered how much I really do want to attend this school.

Overall Impressions:

The interview was casual. That was surprising to since my interviewer was the Vice Dean of the School. I was expecting some kind of pressure cooker but it wasn’t bad. Be prepared to defend every part of your application and to explain why being a post-bac makes you a better candidate (not neccasarily a better candidate than a traditional student but rather what kind of additional perspective do you have because you are one).

I prepared by reviewing SDN, mock interviews with various adviseres, and reviewing my AMCAS application so I felt ready. If I could give any piece of advice would it be to come into the interview calm and collected and oh yeah - believe in yourself.

Interview at KCOM 11/15

Still waiting on CCOM decision - any time this week!