2008 Interviews

congrats to obesedude and snowgirl on their interviews!

I just got another invitation yesterday- University of Missouri-Columbia (Mizzou). w00t!!!

GO KCOM!!!

I know you are partial to KCOM, but since I’m in at CCOM, I’m going to decline.

CCOM is an easy commute - KCOM is 4+ hours away from home!

First interview invitation! I’ll be meeting with the friendly staff of the University of Cincinnati on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving.

Go show 'em your best stuff Adam!! Good luck!

Y’all go!

That’s great, Adam!

Congrats, Adam!! Cinci was my first interview and first acceptance. Their turnaround is pretty quick - about two weeks. If you can get past the construction, it’s a good school and they seem to like non-trads. Good luck!

Congratulations!!!

Good job!!!

and Good luck!!!

First Interview invitation to DMU - they have me scheduled for Jan 10th but I am going to try to change it earlier. WoooHoooo!

Congrats, Craig!

Go, Craig!

Congrats to Meg, JLW, Craig, Adam and Obesedude - I hope I didn’t leave anyone out - those interviews are really flying now!

it would be so cool if any of us OPMs going through the process now get into the same school - that would be awesome!

Anyone else apply to Western? I REALLY want to go there, second choice to Texas of course (but no love do I receive in my own state - I know its not personal

I got an interview for UMDNJ-SOM for next Tuesday. I was wondering why they would schedule it so soon. Apparently they want to make the decision by next Friday. Eeek!

Congrats and good luck, dude!

Have you talked to Gabe at all?

Thanks Adam. I will take your advice.

Thanks!

Another interview invite from SIU today!

Yay - my co-first choice!

I was able to reschedule DMU for this friday the 16th after I called them, as my youngest son is interviewing at Grinnell College - just about an hour away on that same day. My wife then suggested that I call KCOM, who had not asked me to come and interview, to tell them that I would be in the area. They called right back and so now I will be interviewing with them on Thursday the 15th. This was very fortunate and saved a lot of money! I’d write more but I have an anatomy test tomorrow morning.

Cragmire,

Sweet! You know I am biased toward my alma mater - KCOM! Funny coincidence…I have been invited to interview at an anesthesia group there in Grinnell too!

CONGRATS to all of you on the interview trial! Be prepared, this is far far far far from the last time you will be out on the interview trial. The nice thing is, each time you venture out onto the trial, you are in a progressively better & more powerful position. Med school - they have 100% of what you want/need & you merely want some love, any love. Residency - still an owners’ market, but they are much more prone to recruiting you & treating you like something they desire. Attending level - a whole nuther animal! By far, this trip on the trial is the BEST!