2009 Admissions

Hey all. I lurked on opm since i first decided to apply approx. 1 year ago. Although I never posted, I got so much info and encouragement from the vets on this site.

If you are just considering giving this a go, be prepared for some discouragements along the way. And never, ever give up.

I never thought in a million years that I would have ever had a chance at 34 and being out of under grad for 10 years until I got the letter in the mail today…

Dear Darren:

It is my pleasure to offer you admission to the class of 2013 at the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine…

If it can happen to me, it can happen to you. Best of luck to all.

Congrats!

GRATS!!!

'nuff said

Mucho Congratuoso! [is that even a language?]

I will be making the trek to WV Osteo at the end of May of this year to hood one of our own: Linda Wilson, damned-near-DO.

Welcome to WVSOM Darrell. Are you hoping to do SBL or PBL?

If you are there in May, maybe I’ll see you at graduation!

Thx very much Drs. Kelley and Wilson. Linda, I am doing SBL…

Congrats on your graduation, how exciting. If you don’t mind me asking where you matched?

If you haven’t seen the WVSOM tour on youtube it is awesome. Anyone considering attending there should check it out…

• Medic2DO Said:
Thx very much Drs. Kelley and Wilson.

Hey Linda, how's that make you feel? Dr. Wilson!!!

It sends shivers down my spine!! And think, in just a few weeks now, it will be okay to introduce myself as doctor!!

As to where I matched. . . it’s my #1 choice. Heart of Lancaster Regional Medical Center in Lititz, PA.

Congratulations…

That’s awesome Linda! You should look me up since I’m not that far from Lititz. Been about a year since I’ve been there but that’s always been one of those areas I would love to move to. Congrats!

• Medic2DO Said:
Hey all. I lurked on opm since i first decided to apply approx. 1 year ago. Although I never posted, I got so much info and encouragement from the vets on this site.

If you are just considering giving this a go, be prepared for some discouragements along the way. And never, ever give up.

I never thought in a million years that I would have ever had a chance at 34 and being out of under grad for 10 years until I got the letter in the mail today...

Dear Darren:

It is my pleasure to offer you admission to the class of 2013 at the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine....

If it can happen to me, it can happen to you. Best of luck to all.

Great news Darren. I'm so happy for you! Next thing you know we'll be talking about your graduation.

Congrats to those accepted lately. I read these forums often, holding on to the successes.

Today I received “the” phone call, and am sitting here a bit in awe. I wrote a bit - don’t know where it ended up - still new to this forum thing.

But thank you to all those who have encouraged me over the last few years without even knowing it.

I’m 48, mom of four, grandma of two, after three years, finally accepted to SGU for this fall (2009).

Hasn’t quite sunk in yet…

• old_doc_in_progress Said:
Congrats to those accepted lately. I read these forums often, holding on to the successes.

Today I received "the" phone call, and am sitting here a bit in awe. I wrote a bit - don't know where it ended up - still new to this forum thing.

But thank you to all those who have encouraged me over the last few years without even knowing it.

I'm 48, mom of four, grandma of two, after three years, finally accepted to SGU for this fall (2009).

Hasn't quite sunk in yet...

Congratulations! That is so exciting!

Congrats to everyone!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Congratulations to everyone.

Congratulations!!! I’m sure that you are excited!

Congratulations Darren! That’s awesome!

I can stop biting my fingernails; I’ll be entering the SIU College of Medicine in August. Whew! Now, for the next hurdle.

Congrats, Timbo!!! Not much time to get things around to be a full time medical student!