2009 Admissions

• Timbo Said:
I can stop biting my fingernails; I'll be entering the SIU College of Medicine in August. Whew! Now, for the next hurdle.

you still biting your fingernails....I think you need some aversion therapy. Try doing the old rubberband trick. Put it around your wrist and when you get the urge to bite your fingernails, pull on the rubberband and snap it back.

It may hurt for a little while, but your nails will look so much better.
  • Timbo Said:
I can stop biting my fingernails; I'll be entering the SIU College of Medicine in August. Whew! Now, for the next hurdle.

GRATS!!! Go Saluki's

Congrats on SIU! That is the school where I racked up the horrible GPA 12 years ago that I am now trying to overcome. Do they still run first year at Carbondale and then move to Springfield? If you have any questions about the Carbondale campus let me know. I had a lot of good times there, which of course was the problem:)

• jjcnbg Said:
Congrats on SIU! That is the school where I racked up the horrible GPA 12 years ago that I am now trying to overcome. Do they still run first year at Carbondale and then move to Springfield? If you have any questions about the Carbondale campus let me know. I had a lot of good times there, which of course was the problem:)

I had a 2.11 when I dropped out the first time after 70 credit hours... you CAN overcome a lousy start!

They still do the first year at Carbondale; I've actually never been there, so am looking forward to the chance to explore. Now I just need to find a room to rent for ten months.

Yeah, I graduated with a 2.56 from there. Actually it’s pretty funny what academic probation can do for you. My GPA went 3.5-3.0-1.8-.4-1.4-3.0-3.8-3.7-3.2. So it was a wild ride and I had a blast my sophomore year as you can see but I paid for it.

Carbondale is a great place. Excellent sandwich and pizza shops on the main strip. Don’t know if the guy is still there but at night this guy would come out with a cart and sell bagel sandwiches to all the drunk undergrads. They were the most amazing things I ever tasted. The local state park has great hiking trails and the student center is one of the biggest you’ll find in Illinois. The medical school is centrally located and not spread out and housing should be abundant and pretty affordable pricing. Good luck.

Congrats, all! Awesome progress along your paths, and continued inspiration to those to follow. Hold your heads high

I just received my first acceptance - LECOM, Greensburg PA campus!! Any other OPM folks going to LECOM?

Congrats!!!

Congrats

Congratulations! Now the fun begins!