37 and I am going to start IM residency

Greetings,

Now that I’ve made it out of the befuddling tunnel of medical school, I thought I’d join up here to make sure there wasn’t anything I could do for the rest of you who want to be, well, where I am right now. I’ve been through a similar struggle, and let me tell you, it is a nice kick in the pants when your residents are younger than you as a med student, and your attendings are about the same age!

I’ll check this from time to time. Again, I’m going to be an intern starting mid-June, so who knows how much time I’ll have to check on this. But if you have any questions or want to know anything more about me and what I did, just post and I’m sure I’ll get to it in this decade.

Good luck to you if you want to be a doctor like me!!! :slight_smile:

gfliptastic

Hey, I hear you! My attendings are usually younger as well :slight_smile: Hate to make a cultural reference which I belatedly realize they are too young to get.

Kate

I think my attachment to a smart phone (or lack thereof) is age-related. I’ve spent more than 1/2 almost 2/3 of my life w/o a smart phone. Mine is basically in my pocket most of the time.

I EVEN almost went to the library 1x, instead of going to an app LOL

58? Congrats to you!!!