Acceptance 2007

WOOHOO! Good luck with your remaining interviews, Terry!

good job bro’…

stay Blessed

Terry and miscompassion,

Congratulations on your acceptances into medical school. You must be so happy!

I am curently finishing up my pre-reqs at Penn State. Do you mind if I ask you what your MCAT scores were? I am just trying to figure out what my chances are. I am to take the dreaded exam in July 2007. I have a 4.0 GPA so far in all my pre-req courses - Bio(2 semesters), Gen Chem(2 semesters), Org Chem(1 semester). If you choose not to disclose your scores thats understandable. Thanks!

• Anu
  • aramdas Said:
Terry and miscompassion,

Congratulations on your acceptances into medical school. You must be so happy!

I am curently finishing up my pre-reqs at Penn State. Do you mind if I ask you what your MCAT scores were? I am just trying to figure out what my chances are. I am to take the dreaded exam in July 2007. I have a 4.0 GPA so far in all my pre-req courses - Bio(2 semesters), Gen Chem(2 semesters), Org Chem(1 semester). If you choose not to disclose your scores thats understandable. Thanks!

- Anu

Anu,

I have no problem revealing my MCAT scores; in fact I've already posted it in another thread--30R. But you can't set your own expectations based on someone else's scores.

My application is all about me, my previous professional training and experience, my academic interests, and my goals and aspirations. Your application will be about you. Your MCAT score might be lower than mine, or it might be higher, but whether you get in to any school or to the school of your choice is not entirely about the numbers.

Also, I applied primarily to osteopathic schools where my MCAT was a little higher than average and my background and age are less of a disadvantage--osteo schools have tended to be more favorable to nontraditional applicants, though allopathic schools these days are taking older candidates more seriously as well.

You are off to an excellent start--do take a bunch of MCAT practice tests (on your own, or Kaplan/Princeton)--and best of luck to you,

Acceptance just in from LECOM-Bradenton in Florida, thanks to this great D.O. letter they were waiting for. Three years ago I never dreamed I’d be sitting here trying to decide where to go. Good luck to all,

Awesome!

OMG OMG OMG OMG

I WAS JUST ACCEPTED AT UNECOM!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

good job dude…

Blessings

• gabelerman Said:
OMG OMG OMG OMG

I WAS JUST ACCEPTED AT UNECOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go, Gabe! Looks like we won't be classmates, though; they put me on the alternates list

Are you still waiting for New Jersey?

Nice job Gabe, congrats!!

Great job Gabe!

The hard work paid off .

Guess what? no matter what you’re starting med school next fall!

Is that your top choice or you’re still waiting for some other schools to choose from?

kasia

I have been very remiss in offering my congratulations to those of you who have acceptances so far.

For those of you with one acceptance so far - I know its a great feeling knowing that you will be going to medical school SOMEWHERE next year.

Congratulations on the acceptances so far, and may you have more still to come!!

Amy

• ttraub Said:
  • gabelerman Said:
OMG OMG OMG OMG

Way to go, Gabe! Looks like we won't be classmates, though; they put me on the alternates list

Are you still waiting for New Jersey?

I am still hoping for NJ because it is my top choice, but I will not give up a definite for a maybe.
  • gabelerman Said:
OMG OMG OMG OMG

CONGRATS! Damned strong work Gabe! Hey, we have another OPM member who just started at UNECOM this past fall. His screename is Wild Bill. His real name is Bill Conway & he's a great guy! I would imagine he'd be most happy to field any questions you may have about UNECOM.

CONGRATULATIONS GABE!!!

WOOT, Gabe!

Congrats to all who have been accepted so far.

To any others please hang in there!

Bill.

• Quote:

I have official acceptance letters from:

AZCOM (Arizona)

WVSOM (West Virginia)

Touro/Calif

Touro/Nevada

If you go to WV send me a PM!

It would be great to hook up once we are there!

It is really not a bad place to live, but it depends where you are from.

Grats!
  • misscompassion Said:

If you go to WV send me a PM!

It would be great to hook up once we are there!

It is really not a bad place to live, but it depends where you are from.

Grats!

Hi Miss Compassion,

Wish I were going there but my spouse prefers a larger metropolis, so we're going instead to Phoenix. However, of all the schools I visited, WVSOM was the nicest. It's great having the option of PBL, which I won't have in Arizona, but oh well you can't have everything. Good luck!