another small miracle

I’m not quite sure how this happened. I am going to attribute it to the petitions I have made to the patron saint of medical students. Yesterday I sat down to do my Calculus homework and it CAME to me. I didn’t call my tutor even once. I found myself effortlessly working problems and 70-80% of the time getting them right!! This is the first time this has happened in this journey and it made me so happy that I cried happy tears. If this happens in the courses to come…pushing past fears and limitations and finally succeeding, then this is going to be one h*** of a rewarding journey.

Congratulations! I am starting calculus this summer and I sure hope it will ‘come’ to me too! (i am not a fan of math thats for sure!)

vickiV -

Do we have a patron saint??? Who is it ?

Kate

• Kate429 Said:
vickiV -

Do we have a patron saint??? Who is it ?

Kate

Saint Hubertus of Liege

"Hubertus or Hubert (born c. 656 to 658, probably in Toulouse; died 30 May 727 in Tervuren near Brussels, Belgium), called the "Apostle of the Ardennes" was the first Bishop of Liège. Hubertus is a Christian saint, the patron saint of hunters, mathematicians, opticians and metalworkers, and used to be invoked to cure rabies until the early 20th century through the use of the traditional St Hubert's Key.[1] Saint Hubert was widely venerated in the Middle Ages. The iconography of his legend is entangled with the legend of St Eustace."

Actually, according to the religion I practice, It is Dr. Jose’ Gregorio Hernandez of Venezuela. I have been petitioning him at the advice of my Madrina from the beginning.

I think everybody prays to different saints/ patrons. I use father Pio - always helps but do not overuse it

More Good news…the professor had emailed me and said 70. But when I got the actual test back yesterday it was a 78!!!We just finished limits and are doing derivatives and I am actually grasping the material. I am beginning to be hopeful that I will emerge from this with a possible B-!!! I am grateful for all the return posts on this one, and the respectful way you guys handled my mention of what I believe in. There really is a level of character and maturity on this site. And you all make me feel “a part of”. Thank you for the support!!

• In reply to:
I am beginning to be hopeful that I will emerge from this with a possible B-!!!!

Wow! That is really quite amazing Vicki! I think the mere fact that you are taking this incredibly difficult course is a huge achievement! You should be proud of whatever grade you achieve. Of course, if you can manage a B-, by all means, go for it!!

Well done, madam!