Brain surgery...again

Wow, well I found out last week that I need to have brain surgery again, like this Tuesday. Obviously there is never a good time for this type of thing to happen, but right in the middle of trying to get my secondaries sent out, come on!!

The worst part is that it seems what is growing back may be more agressive than what was there before, meaning that I have to wait until the biopsy to see what my immediate and long term future hold. I know my health is the most important thing right now, but dammit I dont want to lose all the hardwork Ive put into getting my apps out this cycle. Wish me luck,

Tim

Best of luck, Tim. Please keep us updated - we’re pulling for you.

Hang in there! I’ll be thinking of you and I hope the news gets better!

Tim -

I’m also thinking of you as you deal with this unexpected hurdle. Hopefully, it will turn out to be only a short detour.

I hope your surgery and following treatment go well.

Amy

Tim,

My thoughts and prayers will be with you as you handle this latest problem. Keep your chin up and your faith strong.

Remember you have a great and strong support group here on OPM. We’ll all be rooting for you!

Linda

Tim,

We all wish you the best of luck. Please keep us [OPM] informed. OPM is much more than just an on-line forum, we are an electronic family. Please let us support you during your time of need.

It may be a small delay olong the road, but consider how much better a physician you will one day be having overcome this too.

Best wishes for a positive outcome!

Another Tim

Thanks to all for the kind thoughts. I am going in today for my pre-op MRI, then tomorrow I have the surgery. If all goes well, I should be home by next weekend, Ill update you all then, thanks again for the support,

Tim

Well, the surgery went well, I am home after just 3 days, but now it will be a few more days for the biopsy results. Keep fingers crossed,

Tim

Tim, I am very glad to hear that you did so well through the surgery, and will be holding my breath along with you while you await the results. To the extent that it’s possible in cyberspace, I hope you know that we’ve “got your back.” Hang in there.

Mary

Tim, I’m also glad to hear that the operation went well and you are home.

Amy

Tim,

I’ll be thinking about you… I hope you receive good news very soon!

Andrea

Fingers crossed for you!

Hang in there! :wink:

Well, I am officially a cancer patient. My surgeon confirmed today what we already thought, which was that my previously Grade II oligodendroglioma has come back as a Grade III anaplastic oligodendroglioma. Not good news. But the tumor does have deletions on two chromosomes that have shown in studies to be markers for high levels of chemosensitivity. I will be meeting with my neurologist next week to discuss my treatment. (Im being treated at Sloan Kettering in NY.)

Im feeling like I may just let all the application process go on without me. My future is so uncertain now, I dont know if it is wise to go on.

TIM

Tim:

I pray for your sure recovery. Hang in there - we are pulling for you!!

I am so sorry you have all this to deal with. We’ll be pulling for you.

Tim,

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I work for MSKCC. You are in very good hands. If you want to meet and talk, let me know. We can have lunch.

Gabe

Tim, the most important thing for you to do right now is get the BEST medical care for yourself that is available. Everything else becomes secondary when faced with a diagnosis of cancer. The only other thing I can suggest is to surround yourself with family and friends that will continue to support you, BUT take time to yourself to seek solace from whatever source you find works best for you, whether it is meditation, religion or just quiet solitude.

If you are a religious person, just remember that God will never give you a problem that you can’t handle with His help. Don’t forget to ask for that help!

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Linda

We all wish you the best, Tim.

Do what you have to do to take care of yourself; we’ll understand, as I’m sure others will as well. We’re here to support you if you need us.