Hello been a long time

Well sitting here with my Wife on Mothers day and I was looking over my blog and clicked the link back to here.

I started a long time ago and went to a School in England to pursue Medicine, it then lead me to a Caribbean school and after a long struggle

I graduated last week.

I have my degree but I must take step 2 CK, just finished step 2 CS ( God I hope I passed)

So I have my MD degree but still feel like the road is going to be rough still.

Nothing has turned out the way it should of but to give up or give in is never an option, to succeed I know I have to continue to keep the focus and the Faith.

Bill

Bill -

Congrats on a huge achievement! I know the road often seems full of boulders and potholes, but dogged persistance is a very viable tactic!

Keep us posted!

Kate

Thanks Kate, I have thought of and recommended this site on the Site I moderate for Premeds often.

I now think I can once again give decent solid advice about Caribbean medical education here.

I have learned a lot, the whole ordeal has been different so far.

If you were to consider the three that have approval for their students to take the USMLE, any thoughts on which one you would suggest?

Pitfalls?

I’m thinking I may have to go to AUC - but … my only concern to date, is my great dane… haha… won’t leave him behind (he’s a therapy dog not just for others!!)

• jkp2117 Said:
If you were to consider the three that have approval for their students to take the USMLE, any thoughts on which one you would suggest?

Pitfalls?

I'm thinking I may have to go to AUC - but ... my only concern to date, is my great dane... haha... won't leave him behind (he's a therapy dog not just for others!!)

What do you mean by three?

There are at least 10 decent Caribbean schools that have "approvals"

Any school with WHO and IMED listing a student can take the USMLE

I think many people get confused easily about Caribbean schools.

Caribbean schools are no different then Foreign Medical schools as far as the Match and all else.

For instance the Government of Aruba (Aruba is a Sovereign country) approves my school and its listed in WHO and IMED.

Ok that said the best Caribbean schools are those with a good track record:

AUC

SGU

Ross

and

SABA

these schools have been around 20+ years with many many practicing Physicians

None of these schools are accredited in the USA (LCME) ( The schools love to confuse people about this and make people think they are "Accredited in the US" no school outside the USA is accredited in the USA.)

California approved the 4 mentioned for Practice there

Federal student loans are available for the first three and private loans for the rest.

I think any of those 4 would be fine.

My school holds a bigger risk and I must work harder to get a residency now ( I will update when I have one)

Bill

congrats!!! can you send me your full name, school you graduated from, and what residency you are going into so I can add it to the congrats slide show for the conference??