I did it!

Hi all,

I just left registration and will be re-taking Chem 1 this spring semester! I’m nervous to be back in a classroom after a few years out, but I’m excited to start this process rather than continue to dream/talk about it!

Congrats on this decision. I am sure you will enjoy the ride.

Good luck. Chem is fun!

Very exciting to actually be registered for your first step!

congrats!

Kate

Good luck!

I’m taking Chem 1 this term as well. I am very intimidated by Chemistry.

Thanks for the encouragement guys! I’m definitely going to need it.

Rhonda - I’m very intimidated by it too, I took Chem during undergrad about 9 years ago and I didn’t do well. Granted my work ethic wasn’t quite what it is now, so we will see.

OPM is a great source of encouragement and inspiration

Ooooh, the woes of Chem 1. I, too, am in that boat with you guys. One class down, and I realize I’ve forgotten EVERYTHING. Do you think that in a handful of years, when we’re in our MS1/MS2 years, we will look back and laugh at this conversation? BEGGING to have Chem 1 back on our plates?

It won’t be long…just hang on and keep going! Best of luck to you!

• carrieliz Said:
Do you think that in a handful of years, when we're in our MS1/MS2 years, we will look back and laugh at this conversation? BEGGING to have Chem 1 back on our plates?

No, you'll just wonder how you thought Chem 1 was a lot of material! You'll probably be ruing why you didn't spend a little bit more time to fully understand the colloidal properties of solutions or some other principle you think is useless right now!

So class starts tonight. Needless to say, I’m nervous, excited and anxious. Just gotta get through this work day and switch on my ‘student brain’. As my husband told me this morning, ‘just worry about going to class tonight, don’t worry about too much else and you’ll be fine’