Interviews 2004 applicants

efex101: Vandy

Already? Whee-hoo, exfex101!

Thanks Runtita!

Efex,
Vandy is a great school!! Enjoy your day. I was interviewed and accepted there, so feel free to ask any questions you'd like about the interview & day there.
Tara

I've only applied to one AMCAS school, UAMS, and just received the secondary. Texas is completely different, of course, and also received an invitation from The University of North Dakota to apply through their INMED (Indians in Medicine program). UAMS says they'll let people know if they are to be interviewed by December 15th. Nothing from the DO side.
Kathy

Tara give me any scoop you think will help. I do live in the Nashville area so I know what that is like, but any info about the interview, med students, etc…

This link:
http://www.studentdoctor.net/feedback/school.php
Had information of people’s feedback from intereviews for most schools. I just checked and the link is still opperational, but with no data. Does anybody know if this source Is this populated with data just from the past cycle, current cycle, all cycles…? Perhaps the link is just going through data cleanup.

Okay, I did some more looking around and found that they changed formats a bit. You can get feedback from interviews people have had at most medical schools (DO and MD) at:
http://www.studentdoctor.net/interview/int…erview_read.asp
enjoy

efex101: Vandy
TheresaW: TCOM, UTMB, UTH, Baylor
Just got Baylor's email today, I'm giddy again!

Wow, Efex and Theresa!!! You guys are almost in, that’s such wonderful news! And so early, isn’t it? Or is it because I’m still writing secondaries biggrin.gif
Anyway, please keep us all posted. I’m so excited about your news, I feel like it’s happening to me and I don’t even know you two!!!

Efex,
I treid to e-mail you, but it’s not enabled. Here is a link to a post I wrote last summer about my interview day at Vanderbilt. It was my number one choice but I didn’t go because I chose to stay co-located with my husband (he could have been stationed at Ft. Campbell but that meant asking him to give up his current specialty, which I wasn’t willing to do when I considered the fact that I got into other schools that would allow both of us to be happy and realize our dreams).
Hope this helps. Let me know if you want to know other details or if there was something I didn’t answer.
Tara
Vanderbilt Interview Day

Thanks for the info! I will check out the link! Updating…
efex101: Vandy, Jefferson
TheresaW: TCOM, UTMB, UTH, Baylor

TheresaW: TCOM, UTMB, UTH, Baylor, UTSA

Efex and Theresa. . . . CONGRATULATIONS!! Early interviews are good signs of great things to come!
Also, I know of another OPM member who has an interview scheduled.
727CAPT has an interview schedule right here at WVSOM! So. . . congratulations to him as well!!
I guess that makes the list look like this:
727CAPT: WVSOM
Best of luck to all of you. I know you'll do a great job!

All right we are rocking and rolling folks! Dang Theresa you are burning up that interview trail he he. Good luck and keep up the advice for us old folks! about the questions, how dare they ask about my kiddies…I tell you if they do I do have the answer that Mary Renard stated, “well how do you handle emergencies/lots of work/long hours with your children sir/mam?” I will be very nice about it but dang, they better not even dare when my kids are more than used to hardships…(you guys know what I am talking about)

efex101: Vandy, Jefferson, U of KY

wow, congrats to everyone who has interviews already! I know you'll do great!

efex101: Vandy, Jefferson, U of KY, Mayo

Mayo? Fantastic!!! Congrats!

efex,
are coming back to Rochester after just leaving ? Are talking about the interview or the telephone interview?
Good Luck!
Shirl