List of Schools more accepting of older students

I was wondering if anyone knew if there were a list of schools or you all knew of schools that were more accepting of 40+ students. I just did a little bit in the Caribbean and realized what a mistake that was so I recently withdrew and wanted to do this the right way. I am in the process of applying to schools in the states and didn’t know if anyone knew which ones were better. I know they say they don’t discriminate against age but you never know. Its worth asking when spending all this money.

1 Like

I personally don’t, but I am putting a lot of stock into the MSAR (or school website) data on demographics. If they say average and median age are low 20’s with a small percentage of matriculants deviating from the norm, I believe them.

I started postbacc premed at 51, med school at 53, finished residency at 60. DO schools are generally much more accepting of older non-trad students. Research heavy med schools tend to prefer young candidates (as you cannot generally have a good research career if you are not young), but in my area EVMH (eastern Virginia med school), and Univ. of Kentucky med school were both pretty open, as was Albert Einstein Med School in NY, and Univ. of Md.