NEW FORUM SOFTWARE

Greetings fellow OPM’ers!

As you can see, the new forum software has been installed. Please check it out and email me if you see any problems or have questions.

Some things you should check…

1. Check your signatures

2. Make sure your avatars are working

3. Update your color settings in “control panel”

Thanks again for your patience!

Geoff

Cool work Geoff!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to get the site back up and functioning!

As to the colors, I love the “oxygen”. Nice, soft blue. Second choice would have been “Mercury Rising”. White, crisp. Very nice. Everyone has their own taste, though, and there are plenty of choices!!

Welcome back, OldPreMeds site. We sorely missed you!!

It seems to me that ‘new post’ option doesn’t really work. there are lots of new posts since I’ve been here last, and they did not show up.

Is it only my problem, or someone else has noticed it too?

Okay Geoff. I have two questions. First, is there any way to edit without it showing that you edited? I know we had that option before. Second, I didn’t see anyplace that you could state your reason for editing. I mean, all I wanted to do was add a smiley face, which I did and now it shows that it was edited.

• madkasia Said:
It seems to me that 'new post' option doesn't really work. there are lots of new posts since I've been here last, and they did not show up.

Is it only my problem, or someone else has noticed it too?

That was an unavoidable problem due to the forum conversion. However, you can do a search for all posts from a certain date and view them that way.

Looks good!

• Linda Wilson Said:
Okay Geoff. I have two questions. First, is there any way to edit without it showing that you edited? I know we had that option before. Second, I didn't see anyplace that you could state your reason for editing. I mean, all I wanted to do was add a smiley face, which I did and now it shows that it was edited.

When you click on edit there should be an option at the bottom just before you click preview or submit. It *should* give you the option of not marking it edited AND a text box to state a reason if you DO want to leave it edited. Let me know if you don't see it and I'll check it out.

Geoff

Thanks Geoff! I found it.

And to clarify, new posts SINCE THE CONVERSION do show up marked as new. It’s only posts that were new between when you last logged on BEFORE THE CONVERSION and when the conversion took place that are not marked new.

Ok - now I understand everything and it works!

It will take me a while to get used to the new interface, but I really like it! I wish there was an option to set the background as a light green - kinda like we had before. The green that is available here is way too dark.

One more question: what does the title under the nickname mean? there is ‘Maximus’ under my nickname - on the left-hand side of the post. I haven’t added it…

Also: is there any chance to incease avatars size? No matter how hard I try I cannot bring the size below 2.44 kB.

Kasia

• madkasia Said:
Ok - now I understand everything and it works!

It will take me a while to get used to the new interface, but I really like it! I wish there was an option to set the background as a light green - kinda like we had before. The green that is available here is way too dark.

One more question: what does the title under the nickname mean? there is 'Maximus' under my nickname - on the left-hand side of the post. I haven't added it...

Also: is there any chance to incease avatars size? No matter how hard I try I cannot bring the size below 2.44 kB.

Kasia

If it's consistent with other forum software, the mini-title under your name is typically related to post count, with admins able to create custom titles. The avatar size is generally in their control as well.

Yep, as Adam mentioned, the avatar size is configurable. I’m going to increase it to 5k and that should be good.

As for the colors, that’s all done in the skins and templates. I will be working on them when I get a chance. If there’s anyone out there that likes to work with color schemes let me know!!! I sure could use the help.

As for the names below your name, it’s all based on post count. I will be changing that as well to match something more OPM related. Also, looking for ideas here.

cool I played with the settings

Really sorry about the hacker!

notice the defalt is hid avatars. you have to go to control panel to enable

What about all of the other forums, like med school, family room etc?

whoa - this is weird and it may take a while to get used to it! but i’m glad the forum survived the hacking!

• Kahkeetsee Said:
What about all of the other forums, like med school, family room etc?

What about them? Are you not seeing them? They are all there.

you can only see the rest of the forums if you are logged in! Make sure you are

Yeah, but they had to have been logged in to post. hehe. I guess they logged in when they did their post and never saw the index after.

I see you and all the threads. this is “funky” though,

(hey I’m old!)

I couldn’t change my Avatar before and now I can so I like that.

I use Argentum? It’s white and Blue easy on these “OLD EYES”