NEW FORUM SOFTWARE

So are you saying that you still aren’t able to login from the other IP address?

I can’t look in to it if I don’t know.

• pi1304 Said:
Hm... the indication of new messages (vs. messages I've read) seems to be cached locally, rather than associated with my username.

That is, I viewed posts at work, and when I got home, they were still listed as unread.

That doesn't seem to happen on other forums... is it possibly a setting here with FusionBB?

We've checked with the developers on this issue. Because cookies are tracked per session, they recommend you LOG OUT of OPM at one computer before you LOG ON at another. Not quite as convenient as the old software, but it should straighten out the "Hey, I've read this before!" phenomenon. Someone please try it and let us know if it works!

Denise

Hello, I’m still unable to log on at my place here, school does not have internet available all the time and I spend a lot of time at my place. I’m on Bonaire NA in the Caribbean, is there anyway to adjust the software to allow me to see the forums from my home here? It’s been a long time since I have been on.

Nope not a cookie problem IP address blocked.

Thanks Bill.

• whuds Said:
Hello, I'm still unable to log on at my place here, school does not have internet available all the time and I spend a lot of time at my place. I'm on Bonaire NA in the Caribbean, is there anyway to adjust the software to allow me to see the forums from my home here? It's been a long time since I have been on.

Nope not a cookie problem IP address blocked.

Thanks Bill.

Bill,

Before I can do anything with the forum software I have to know what IP address you are using when trying to access the forums. Here's what you can do.... Send me an email from your home and I can extract the IP address. From that I can make some changes and allow some specific IP's in.

We'll get you back in somehow.

okay, I will when I get a chance. Thanx

I was wondering if anyone else has problem with viewing Oldpremeds Diaries? The only way I can access Denis’ diary if I look up her profile using users list and view all her posts. Not only diary entries don’t show on my computer as ‘new’ and ‘unread’, but I don’t have Diaries subforum.

Kasia

Ditto.

The only time I have been able to read her diary posts have been when we were on at the same time & I could see her online in that directory (probably posting her next exciting entry). :wink:

Otherwise, I’m not sure how to find it.

Tim

It should appear under OldPreMeds Discussion, the same general heading this forum is in–the next list above this one. I just checked the rights and everyone should be able to see it, even if they’re not logged in at all. It’s not there for you?

No, I could not find it. I even looked through all 18 pages of topics in this forum, and I didn’t see it. That doesn’t mean I may not have missed it. I couldn’t find anything that remotely resembled the diaries subforum, or even a topic that shows Denise as the most recent poster.

Tim

I also don’t see it, Denise.

I think I got it now. The forum was created with special rights, and apparently we got all caught up with getting who can start new topics and who can reply (everyone) just right and forgot to check the little box that says (more or less) “People can see this forum in teh list of forums, duh!”

Wow, for the last year, I had no idea that forum even existed!

Now it works and I’m able to see it! Does it mean however that there is only one Diary there? I can only see Denise’s. If some other people are writing their diaries, maybe they should change their options too, so others could read it .

Kasia

Yep, that got it. Good work!

There’s only the one so far. We’re planning to move the old ones there, but haven’t yet. Anyone want to be a diarist? All are welcome: premed, med student, resident.

• madkasia Said:
Now it works and I'm able to see it! Does it mean however that there is only one Diary there? I can only see Denise's. If some other people are writing their diaries, maybe they should change their options too, so others could read it .

Kasia

Ya know - we actually have a couple of other folks - Tara, MPP & someone else - chronicling their residency experiences w/i the med students area. Maybe we should move those threads & ask those authors to continue on as "Diarists"?

How can I get my Ticker to be bigger??? Its too small