New Member - Very Encouraged by this forum !!!

Hello Everyone!

I am 35 yr old premed applied current cycle, just joined this forum. I must say I have been very encouraged by the positive and encouraging nature of this forum compared to other fora. I read some posts from this forum before even deciding on applying this cycle. The posts I read here were amazingly encouraging. Married with 2 kids, and a very supportive spouse.

My background - I Did a PhD and post doc before the ---- (you know what) hit the fan; and after lots of hours volunteering at a VA hospital and shadowing physicians, I decided to take the bull by the horns and prepared for 6 months for MCAT (12 yrs after undergrad) while working full time. 34 on MCAT, 3.4/4.0 and 4.0 GPA on science & Grad school courses.

I have applied only to an in state school (first time applying). Happy to find very positive people with similar backgrounds. Happy and look forward to be part of the forum. We can do this!!!

Itrinity,

On Eagles Wings

2014 hopeful

Welcome and good luck!! Keep us updated.

Lynda

Welcome, Itrinity!

I was very encouraged by my first visit here too. At the time was 50 and there was a 52 year old on here in medical school. That in itself helped encourage me that it WAS possible!

Let us know how you get on!

Kate

Wow impressive stats! Way to go on the MCAT and GPA. I am hoping to hear great news for you soon.

Accepted!!! I am super excited and I must say a bit scared of reality of changes to come especially with respect to family life… OMG!!! Thanks for the comments, and good luck to everyone still waiting.

Congratulations!

Way to go!

This is wonderful news, congratulations! Having just been accepted myself, I can honestly say I know exactly how you feel … it’s unreal, isn’t it?!

Thanks you all! Congrats terra_incognita! Did you get into an MSTP program or you already have an acceptance and still interviewing for the MSTP? Cudos to you!!!