Non-Traditional in Albuquerque

Greetings everyone,

I’m an OTA (occupational therapy assistant) working in a hospital in Albuquerque, New Mexico and I’ve decided to apply for medical school in the 2017 cycle. I’m in my first general chemistry 1 class and lab and I plan to do molecular biology and chem 2 this coming summer. I think this website is a nice place for us to connect and commiserate! I hope to learn more about everyone here and maybe even meet some of you. Thanks!

Welcome, Jason! Yes, this is a positive and supportive place with lots of good info. Best of luck on your journey!

Kate

Welcome, Jason! I echo what Kate said – OPM is a great place for support. I hope you plan to attend the conference this summer – that will give you the chance to meet many non-trads. That face-to-face connection is really encouraging, not to mention all the wonderful information at the conference. Keep us posted on your progress!

P.S. Having lived in the Southwest (Tucson, AZ) for many years, and now suffering through the bitterly cold winter of Chicago, I totally envy your weather.