OPM YEAR 2008!

BJolly U of Maryland
DRD (celebrating somewhere he he insert school here)
efex101 (Mayo, Vandy, U KY as a non-resident, Jefferson)
wmkayak (MSUCOM so far!)

BJolly- U of Maryland
DRD- (celebrating somewhere he he insert school here)
efex101- (Mayo, Vandy, U KY as a non-resident, Jefferson)
wmkayak- (MSUCOM so far!)
Runtita- KCOM!
biggrin.gif

YES!!! Congratulations Runtita!!! OMG I am so happy for you okay what is KCOM??? yipeeeee!!! biggrin.gif

KCOM=Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine
smile.gif

QUOTE (efex101 @ Oct 16 2003, 12:53 AM)
Well it's official I am going to be a doctor!

You seem to be in great need of a nice Aggie...

WHOOP!!!!!
Congratulations!
Take care,
Jeff

Congratulations!
We’ve known each other for a few years now and I just KNEW you’d be accepted…no question about it! Triple acceptances…Mayo…wow is right. Really enjoy it…you’ll do some great work!

Selina!!! that’s awesome news! congratulations!!! biggrin.gif

Thanks to everyone for being here and for your unwavering support!

SELINA!!! I’m soooo excited for you! You go girl!!! Huge Congrats!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
-Christy

This is super inspiring, guys–because it is still extremely early in the cycle.
We might want to start a thread in a month or two about how people who are accepted to multiple schools make the decision. Not as fun or easy as it sounds! But it's wonderful that we have more and more people who will be facing that challenge.
Congratulations again–I'm sure there will be more to come.
warmly
Joe Wright

BJolly- U of Maryland
efex101- (Mayo, Vandy, U KY as a non-resident, Jefferson, U of Chicago)
Runtita- KCOM!

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you. Good luck and God Bless. biggrin.gif

BJolly- U of Maryland
efex101- (Mayo(call), Vandy(call), U KY(call), Jefferson(call),
U of Chicago(call), ETSU(certified letter), Temple(snail mail))
Runtita- KCOM!

Efex, you've gotten accepted at more schools than I even applied to!! Way cool. MSU called me and my mother thought that was really impressive. I didn't tell her that it happens all the time!
Runtita - Yay! A warm and happy welcome our latest colleague! And you got into the grand poobah of DO schools, too!
wmkayak
The tally:
BJolly- U of Maryland
U of Chicago(call), ETSU(certified letter), Temple(snail mail))
Runtita- KCOM!

It is cool that you got called! your mom is right. I did apply to a lot of schools but I was taking no chances and I am looking for the best financial aid/scholarships possible but I never imagined…I am just happy that my top choice has accepted me tongue.gif

Awesome Efex cool.gif cool.gif

HEHE!!
I got another one in the mail today!! Eastern Virginia Medical School!!
BJolly- U of Maryland
DRD- (MCV, EVMS)
efex101- (Mayo, Vandy, U KY as a non-resident, Jefferson, U of Chicago)
Runtita- KCOM!

I swear, I never thought I would have choices. Life is good!!!
Danielle

The tally:
BJolly- U of Maryland
DRD- (MCV, EVMS)
U of Chicago(call), ETSU(certified letter), Temple(snail mail), SLU(snail mail))
Runtita- KCOM

Someone check the alignment of the planets. I got another acceptance today, LECOM! It came with a letter fromthe AOA addressing my as Student DO - as if I wasn’t freaked out enough already! cool.gif
I cannot believe I am in the enviable position of deciding to give up my seat in a medical school!
Wmkayak
The tally:
BJolly- U of Maryland
DRD- (MCV, EVMS)
U of Chicago(call), ETSU(certified letter), Temple(snail mail), SLU(snail mail))
wmkayak- (MSUCOM, LECOM)
Runtita- KCOM

Man, I have been soooooooooooooo out of the loop here lately! My 1st 4 mos as an intenr have included 4 of the 5 busiest services undertaken by a surgical intern…getting used to wearing my ass for a hat!
All of that aside, please allow me to convey my sincerest & heartfelt CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF YOU GUYS!!! OPM is growing & helping place folks at some very impressive institutions…all of you are our envoys to the medical profession.
I & OPM only have request to make of each of you…and to all of our members…as you enjoy the fruits of your success, begin to survive the tribulations of medical school & again learn the pearls of survival & success, please take the time to remember the folks here at OPM. Those who have yet to gain admission hunger for the insight, knowledge & experience that only those who have been there can supply. Yes, your time will be very pressed to take on additional tasks such as posting on OPM. However, the members & alumni of OPM ask that you try.
Again, damned strong work and congratulations to all of you!!! Duely noted that I see yet another person who will eventually be a fellow KCOM alumnus!!!