OPM YEAR 2008!

Congratulations to all on your acceptances! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif I hope I am in your shoes in a few years.
Love,
Stacy

WAHOO!!! I MADE IT TOO!!!
The tally:
Divejeep - Ohio State (email)
BJolly- U of Maryland
DRD- (MCV, EVMS)
efex101- (Mayo(call), Vandy(call), U KY(call), Jefferson(call),
U of Chicago(call), ETSU(certified letter), Temple(snail mail), SLU(snail mail))
wmkayak- (MSUCOM, LECOM)
Runtita- KCOM

Congratulations!!! biggrin.gif

Bump?
Congratulations everyone! Wanted to make sure you were on the first page!

Quote:

Bump?
Congratulations everyone! Wanted to make sure you were on the first page!

Better yet, I’ll pin this up top.

Congratulations, divejeep!!!

BJolly- U of Maryland
DRD- (MCV, EVMS)
U of Chicago(call), ETSU(certified letter), Temple(snail mail), SLU(snail mail), Meharry (certified letter)
wmkayak- (MSUCOM, LECOM)
Runtita- KCOM

It is great to see this list continuing to grow! I am so inspired by all of your accomplishments. One thing, when you get a new acceptance, put it in bold so we’ll know it’s a new one.

Ya, its nice to be posting in this thread.

BJolly- U of Maryland
DRD- (MCV, EVMS)
U of Chicago(call), ETSU(certified letter), Temple(snail mail), SLU(snail mail), Meharry (certified letter)
wmkayak- (MSUCOM, LECOM)
Runtita- KCOM
Bacmedic - VCOM(snail mail)

I did it, ya’ll. I got into my number one school!
BJolly- U of Maryland
DRD- (MCV, EVMS)
wmkayak- (MSUCOM, LECOM)
Runtita- KCOM
Bacmedic - VCOM(snail mail)
TheresaW- Baylor!!!

Theresa!!! Geez with Thanksgiving I suspect not many people are looking at this thread - what a terrific thing to find out today.

CONGRATULATIONS TO TheresaW, M.D. in 2008!!!

Oh, what a great Thanksgiving present! Congrats!!!
Susan - Chicago/Minneapolis

Wooohoooooo I knew it yipeeeee!!

Congratulations new fellow student doctors and classmates 2008!!!
Is everyone getting their acceptances with a decide by date attached? I’m still waiting on two schools, but the two who’ve accepted me want me to deposit large $$$$ to hold my seat, and by Dec 12 at that. No time to wait for the other schools now, so I sent my $$ and am about to give up my seat in the other med school. Seems criminal to do that - give up my seat in any medical school anywhere - ah but what a position to be in!
wmkayak

Hey Theresa,
See my C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S under the other thread. Anyway, here it is again!
Natalie

CONGRATULATIONS, THERESA!!!
I’m so proud of you!!!

WAY TO GO!!!
You are an inspiration!
Big, huge congratulations to you (and your family)!
Michelle

CONGRATULATIONS to the entire class of 2008!!!

Congratulations, you guys!!! I’m just a few years behind you, I hope.

Quote:

Is everyone getting their acceptances with a decide by date attached? I’m still waiting on two schools, but the two who’ve accepted me want me to deposit large $$$$ to hold my seat, and by Dec 12 at that. No time to wait for the other schools now, so I sent my $$ and am about to give up my seat in the other med school. Seems criminal to do that - give up my seat in any medical school anywhere - ah but what a position to be in!

wmkayak

My $3K deposit to GWU was due and non-refundable after a certain date - but the date was pretty late (July 1, I think). And obviously most of us aren’t in a position to drop $3K deposits at several schools, even if we’d get our money back later. As soon as I got my acceptance, I had to make a $300 NON-refundable deposit.

I’ve always thought this was an especially unfair thing for schools to do, when you won’t have a chance to look at financial aid packages and factor that information into your decision. Like you say, though, it’s nice to be in the position that you can make that choice.

Also, it seems that it’s the D.O. schools that have had these early deadlines for hefty non-refundable deposits. I hate to think that they may have to do this to ensure that they’re not being treated as ‘safeties’ by folks who’d ditch 'em for an allopathic acceptance the following July, but I wonder if that’s why? I have yet to hear of an M.D. school that has these early deadlines.

Well, look at it this way, in a few weeks you’ll be set and can spend your remaining time planning your move and anticipating next year!