Painful MCAT.

So, I took the test today. Eeeeesh.

I had to do way more guessing than I would have liked to. I committed the cardinal sin and totally panicked during the physical sciences section.

I seriously sat in my car and cried for a few minutes after it was over.

Anybody have an extra pep talk lying around? LOL

Hi Nebula,

Your reaction seems to be par for the course, really. I felt horrible and depressed after I took the MCAT too and I think that you’ll find that a lot of people feel that way. That test is designed so that you leave having no idea about how you did. Just remember that most people did better than they think they did.

Are you applying this cycle? I’d just concentrate on working on the applications and try to relax while you wait for the test scores to come in.

Also, I had this funny feeling about the MCAT related to my age. I kept thinking that I was so glad that I was going through this while I was 30+ and had sooo much more perspective about the importance of tests in the bigger scheme of things than when I was 21 and would have probably felt that my life was over if I received a bad test score. I don’t know where I’m going with this but we have the benefit of maturity and know deep down that a score that was lower than we’d hoped is not the end of the world.

I’m terrible at pep talks but I hope that helped.

That was sort of my reaction. I freaked during the physical sciences section and it rather got away from me. Also on the essay, I tried to get too much in and stopped in the middle of a sentence! (something that happened to me often in practice and I was consciously trying to avoid !)

Had a decent score regardless - was not as bad as I feared.

Kate