Tae -

Make sure you keep us posted when little Ethan arrives! Wishing you and your wife a safe delivery! (and sooner rather than later… smile.gif )

Thanks Christina!
Nothing so far yet. It'll be at least a week before we talk induction, though I'm hoping we won't have to go that route.
We've just settled on a middle name - Jeong. Depending on the Chinese character, it could mean honestly, or bond/love/link. My mother's working on that part of it.
- Tae

Well, wish us luck!
We are going in today to have Dawn induced. Ethan's nine days overdue, and so is his rent! Time to evict.
- Tae

Good luck!

Tae and Dawn,
Best of luck!
Having baby and raising a family are the best experiments ever! smile.gif You’ll do well…good luck to all three of you and keep us posted.

Good luck today! I hope everything goes beautifully.

Good luck Tae, Dawn, and Ethan!! Keep us posted.

Just got back from the hospital - no baby yet.
Cervidil, then pitocin drip.
Cervix not ripening, negligible contractions, if any.
She's on another round of Cervidil, and in the AM gets another pitocin drip.
I know asking medical advice is frowned upon, but I wonder - from people's personal experiences, whether after a second unsuccessful round of Cervidil and pitocin, whether the standard practice is a third round or is a C-sect considered at this point.
I'm a little frazzled right now, as my family is flying in from Hawaii as we speak, and I won't be able to deal with them as we have our hands quite full with the induction.
This is definitely not how we planned this to work out.
I'm not a praying man, but will gratefully accept any good thoughts or prayers sent my way on this ocassion.
I just want wife and child safe.
- Tae

Tae,
So here it is Saturday morning and we haven't yet heard.
Has little Ethan entered the world yet?!
And how about mom? Is all going well? You guys have been in my thoughts and prayers all week. . . . and will continue to be there!
Just remember how many times really great things don't happen the way we planned them. But they still turn out really great!
Since your family is there now, let them bear some of the stress. That's what family's for!
Best of luck and keep us posted!

Oh, I hope that you are holding Ethan by now and that Dawn is feeling exhilarated! smile.gif

QUOTE (Linda Wilson @ Jun 21 2003, 06:00 AM)
Tae,
So here it is Saturday morning and we haven't yet heard.
Has little Ethan entered the world yet?!

Linda, et al,
Funny you should post this on this date, as this was the day Ethan finally came into the world. It wasn't easy: my wife received tow Cervidil/pitocin induction attempts with little to show for it but infrequent contractions that were painful enough to require an epidural, and long enough that after 24 hours of unsuccessful labor, she underwent a C-section to deliver. Everything is fine now, and we are now trying to figure this cute but loud kid who didn't come with an instruction manual.
Ethan Jeong Kim, DOB 6/21/2003 @12:12PM. 7 lbs. 10 oz., 20.5 in. long. Will post pics when I sleep for more than 2 hours at a time.
Thanks to everyone for their good thoughts and prayers - they were answered! My wife and child are safe and sound, which is - when you come right down to it, all I really wanted.
- Tae

What great news! Welcome Ethan!

Congratulations!
Mom, Dad and little Ethan. I hope that all are doing well. Welcome to the world little Ethan!
Natalie

laugh.gif Congratulations to all of you! laugh.gif ...there's nothing quite like a new little person. Enjoy each other!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Jeff in Seattle

Been reading your posts over the months, Congratulations to you and Dawn!! Can't wait to see pictures of your new, little bundle of joy, Welcome, Ethan!!
Vita (milwaukee, wi.)

(In my best Homer Simpson voice)
Woooo Hooooo!!!
biggrin.gif
Congrats Tae and family!

Tae -
YAY YAY YAY!!! Congratulations!!! I love that middle name btw…
So glad to hear that Dawn and Ethan are okay.
Congrats again and enjoy your summer with your little one! biggrin.gif

Congrats Tae!!! My best to your whole family (pups included).

Welcome little Ethan! biggrin.gif So glad to hear everyone is safe and healthy!