Textbooks

Hi guys,

So I have to buy my text for Chem I that begins next week. I’ve never purchased a text from the internet (i.e. amazon, ebay, etc. there are many sites). Does anyone have any advice? Do you recommend it?

Thanks

I’ve used Ecampus, Amazon, Varsitybooks. Haven’t had any problems. Third party sellers on Amazon are also pretty good and a few bucks cheaper.

I like to use Half.com. I bought my Chem I text book from there. School wanted $260.00 and I paid $96.00 off Half.com. Brand new.

I second half.com. Have bought (and sold) a ton of books off of there.

Online shopping is the best — absolutely love amazon. You can open a student account with them, and they will give you two-day shipping free for a year. They are awesome about returns as well.

You can also check international edition for your books on ebay. On ebay, I usually check the seller’s rating before making a purchase.

Have fun shopping!

Also most profs I have had didn’t mind the book being an edition or two old and those are dramatically cheaper on Amazon. I got my physio book that is selling brand new 12 ed. for approx 200 for 30 on amazon. Granted it was a 10th edition but I look at the pub date and it appears that the author publishes a new edition every other year, I compared my 10th to classmates 12th and there was really no difference.

• ChicBrownie Said:
Online shopping is the best --- absolutely love amazon. You can open a student account with them, and they will give you two-day shipping free for a year. They are awesome about returns as well.

You can also check international edition for your books on ebay. On ebay, I usually check the seller's rating before making a purchase.

Have fun shopping!

This tip is a few years old but Walmart also has excellent prices for online textbooks.

Also, if you simply put "ISBN #" into google, you can instantly see where the book is available and for how much

Just as I posted a comment about where to get text books, one of my friends sent a link to another item on amazon…(no I am not making this up)

Link to Medline Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass Kit

I guess if you really want to do homework on yourself. Read the comments on the amazon link. they are the best

Very true, I do “google” ISBN# everytime. More often than not, it generates tons of website links you can buy the book from.

If it is a website that I have not done the business with previously; I will normally google that website name looking for its review.

I love internet; how did we live about 2 decades ago!!! You might want to check etextbooks/kindle books as well in case you like reading on your laptop. I absolutely love them, and I am always requesting publishers (on amazon) to bring more books on kindle.

LOL, this is going to make a fun conversation at the hospital, when I go to volunteer next time.

Thanks for posting.

Gonnif - that was hysterical!

Kate

I have bought from ecampus, half.com, amazon, and barnes and noble. I would recommend it highly. All the books were cheaper than university book stores in my case.