Where are you in your journey?

Please indicate where you are right now in the process.

I’m in the part of my journey where at 33, I decided that I have the chops and the desire to be a physician, but not the academic background and am now seriously trying to figure out the first door into pre-med.

I did graduate from a state school 12 years ago with a horrible 2.54 GPA because I blew school off and treated everything as a joke. Although I have a good career in online marketing, my old GPA is now rearing its ugly head and closing virtually every door to further study elsewhere. Consequences are consequences. :frowning:

I am strongly considering a second undergraduate degree to give me the foundation to truly do well on the MCAT and show I can deliver above a 3.8 on my prereqs.

Averaged with my old degree, I won’t be GPA competitive, but I do expect to have a unique enough case for admissions to consider me in some programs. If not, SGU or Ross may take me.

And if nobody takes me, hopefully I can use my degree for further postgrad study?

Nomatter where I am going, I expect to be in my mid-40s and deeply in debt when I get there.

Join the team … I think most of us will be in deep debt after med. school … unless you have a rich uncle

Nomatter where I am going, I expect to be in my mid-40s and deeply in debt when I get there.

What they said, with the addition of a handful of kids.

As a young single parent of a seven year old with chronic health problems, I figure I have about 11 years to make sure my pre-reqs are perfect.

Gabriel -

You didn’t have a button for “accepted to medical school” which I guess doesn’t feel like “in medical school” yet (although it does feel pretty good )

Kate

then you are IN medical school. Congrats. And as Old Man Dave once said to me, Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride is about to begin so hang on tight.