2008 Acceptances

Congratulations on your acceptance, Craig!! I think this birthday will be one you will remember for a long time.

For now, just enjoy the feeling of floating on air!!

What a great birthday present, Craig! Congratulations! (…and happy birthday, too!) David

craig - congrats man! dmu is a great school.

and happy birthday too dude. i think this year no one can tell you, you can only have one slice of cake. have it all!

Stop fretting & pony-up the moula! Yeah, $750 seems like a lot, but let me assure you, in the grand scheme of things - it does not even amount to a small drop in the bucket of what you will owe.

Pay the money & it puts you in the driver’s seat - you have ONE guaranteed slot in your pocket. If you decide to go elsewhere, you still have the security of an admission somewhere while you are being choosy.

OTOH, if no one else accepts you - which is entirely possible - you have a seat. If you do not pay (to save a few $$) & let the seat go to “see” if you get in somewhere else & do not - you are screwed!

• OldManDave Said:
Stop fretting & pony-up the moula! Yeah, $750 seems like a lot, but let me assure you, in the grand scheme of things - it does not even amount to a small drop in the bucket of what you will owe.

Pay the money & it puts you in the driver's seat - you have ONE guaranteed slot in your pocket. If you decide to go elsewhere, you still have the security of an admission somewhere while you are being choosy.

OTOH, if no one else accepts you - which is entirely possible - you have a seat. If you do not pay (to save a few $$) & let the seat go to "see" if you get in somewhere else & do not - you are screwed!

Some of the best advice anyone can give you!

When it comes to seat deposits, do not think twice, you got in! So many do not!
  • pi1304 Said:
Congrats, Snowgirl! Is $750 high for a deposit? It seems like more than what I've usually seen.

Is it worth $750 to you to reserve a spot at Nova Southeastern? Or would you be happier with the money and an unsure thing?

To the best of my knowledge, even putting the deposit down doesn't prevent you from accepting another offer - it just costs you the nonrefundable money. Is this correct?

The Caribbean schools can ask for $1000, chump change compared to the 160K I have borrowed.

I got accepted at the University of Cincinnati!

Now I can finally implement my devious plan. At my next interview, I’m going to try to subtly slip in the name of every Led Zeppelin song. I figure I’ll start with the more obscure ones…

Yeah, I really feel that I have to give myself No Quarter, or I’ll be Trampled Underfoot. High school for me has been Ten Years Gone, and I’ve made some mistakes from them - they’re Nobody’s Fault But Mine. It was just a Communication Breakdown, really, and now I look at it as Achilles Last Stand. Thank You for this opportunity!

Congrats, Adam!!!

• pi1304 Said:

Now I can finally implement my devious plan. At my next interview, I'm going to try to subtly slip in the name of every Led Zeppelin song. I figure I'll start with the more obscure ones...

Yeah, I really feel that I have to give myself No Quarter, or I'll be Trampled Underfoot. High school for me has been Ten Years Gone, and I've made some mistakes from them - they're Nobody's Fault But Mine. It was just a Communication Breakdown, really, and now I look at it as Achilles Last Stand. Thank You for this opportunity!

Now that is what is up man!! Congratulations Adam! I am so happy for you dude. The news literally made my day. Now, if you follow through w/ that plan and report back - you will make my month!

Congrats!!

Adam! Congratulations! I knew you’d make it!

How does the school rank among all the schools you’ve applied to? Are you still going to attend all your interviews, or you’re give up on the schools that rank lower than Cincinnati?

Kasia

Thanks .

It’s probably stupid of me, but I don’t have all my schools formally ranked yet (as far as my preference goes). Of the interviews I currently have scheudled, I’m definitely going to 2 and not 100% sure on the 3rd. I’m also going to reassess the rest of my pending apps, but I think I’d like to play the field a little bit more. I was more impressed by UC than I expected, and that may be the case with other schools, as well.

• pi1304 Said:

AWESOME!!! CONGRATS Adam!! Hold onto your shorts...Mr. Toad's wild ride is just about to begin!

So Adam, why weren’t you in London this past Monday night?!

Congrats, man! Once you’re in this, you’ll feel like it’s Been A Long Time since you rock’n’rolled, but in the end, it may not be quite a Stairway to Heaven but it is definitely a thrill.

Mary

not doing well thinking of LZ songs tonight, those were really obvious!!

That’s fantastic, Adam! Congratulations to you.

David

Congratulations Adam!!!

Yahoo Adam! Congrats!

super thrilled for you Adam!!

new development in my nova dilemma. I need to mail the $750 deposit today and then $1250 in March to hold my spot. I was told by one of the interviewers from one of the texas schools that the admissions committee meeting went VERY well for me and although nothing can be said “officially” I should start looking for housing in the area - I am happy with the prospect of staying in Texas and feel like I will be accepted - but i won’t know anything until the match is complete mid Feb… So you can see how I am even more confused on what to do with Nova - and to top it all off I have a nerve disorder (in both arms) that will cost ALOT of money to treat (my insurance doesn’t cover any more dr. visits, diagnostics or non-drug therapy) - so I could use this money to get the treatment I need.

my family thinks I should not pay the $750 after hearing this news but I am still waffling but leaning towards not sending the $. They know I will be most happy staying in Texas.

• pi1304 Said:

Now I can finally implement my devious plan. At my next interview, I'm going to try to subtly slip in the name of every Led Zeppelin song. I figure I'll start with the more obscure ones...

Yeah, I really feel that I have to give myself No Quarter, or I'll be Trampled Underfoot. High school for me has been Ten Years Gone, and I've made some mistakes from them - they're Nobody's Fault But Mine. It was just a Communication Breakdown, really, and now I look at it as Achilles Last Stand. Thank You for this opportunity!

Awesome! COngrats! I love being back in the states now!!!! Glad to see few OPMer's going out of the states!