2014-2015 Application Cycle

Accepted to KCUMB! Very happy right now.

Almost more happy that I’m finally done with the application process…for a couple of years anyway

Congrats!

Congrats! Such wonderful news

Kathleen

Awesome…Woot Woot!

Congrats!

Prodigal, Congrats. This is great news.

Yes sir, congratulations!!! I need to follow your footsteps now…

Congratulations!!!

• Prodigal Said:
Accepted to KCUMB! Very happy right now.

As well you should be! Congrats a million times over. Hope you've had time to properly celebrate!

Wow! Fantastic news! Enjoy the rush…

Woot woot!!! Congratulations to you!! You are now, officially, a

MEDICAL STUDENT!!!

Quick, change your signature!!!

So happy for you Prodigal!!!

I’m behind everyone on this thread because I’m going for a link to med school directly from my post-bac program. I just finalized by personal statement this morning and a wave of nerves washed over me. I’m not sure why. This is all coming up so suddenly, it seems, but I’ve also been working toward the link for more than a year. Eek!

I have to finish my current courses, start my MCAT prep course, finish my application and prep for a couple of rounds of interviews for the link.

I’ll probably have my link interview when the new semester starts in January. I’m already nervous!

Just wanted to let the group know I was accepted at MSUCOM. What a crazy journey this has been and now back to a new beginning. I credit the oldpremed conference of 2013 for providing the guiding light and encouragement for me to make it this far. What a supportive group! Good luck to everyone.

Congrats!

It has been a very quite thread here. Let me give you my update. I have been on an interview tour this past 3 weeks. I interviewed at 9 schools. LUCOM, WVSOM, NEOMED, MUCOM, Utah, Meharry, KCUMB, RVUCOM and TUNCOM. I got waitlisted at LUCOM, NEOMED, MUCOM, KCUMB. I got accepted at WVSOM, RVUCOM and Meharry. I expect to hear very soon from TUNCOM, and not until march from Utah. I have 5 more interviews scheduled for January and February 2015. I doubt I will go to any of those. It’s decision time. Not sure what I’m going to do. I have a wife who works in a hospital and 3 kids. So my family is part of the factors to consider in my decision. Choosing between these schools is a good problem that I could never imagine I would have when I started this journey…

Holy cow, that’s a great problem to have! How quickly do you have to make your decision? looks like you need to change your signature block…

I haven’t been around here for a while, but I’m still going at it. Had a great interview day yesterday at LSU-NO, lots of good feedback from the interviewers (one of whom was the director of admissions).

Their adcom is meeting on Friday, so I should know something by the end of next week!

Glad to hear it went well. Good luck on Friday!

I take it you did not end up deferring UAMS last cycle?

• oldmomx4 Said:
Just wanted to let the group know I was accepted at MSUCOM. What a crazy journey this has been and now back to a new beginning. I credit the oldpremed conference of 2013 for providing the guiding light and encouragement for me to make it this far. What a supportive group! Good luck to everyone.

oldmomx4 and patkay

Congrats. Going to Med School! Given the number of kids you both have, I can say that you have my utmost admiration. Best of luck to your. Enjoy your success.

As for the others still waiting, I wish you the best of luck. It looks like it will be a good year for OPM once again.
  • kennymac Said:
Glad to hear it went well. Good luck on Friday!

I take it you did not end up deferring UAMS last cycle?

Thanks!

You are correct, I ended up passing on UAMS. About the hardest decision I ever made. Hopefully things will work out, though.