Application Season 2013-2014

Shannon

this is awesome. Enjoy the ride

How goes the essay writing? My application just got verified, so the flood just hit me as I’m assuming it recently hit you. It’s a little overwhelming because I fired my shotgun at the MSAR and hit 17 schools…

The more I write and reread, the worse I feel about my chances.

Applications in. Interview with the state school set up for November 16th!

Everyone has been telling me I’m a shoe-in, but that still doesn’t help with the nerves. Good luck to all on the interview trail!

I know I don’t post here often but I thought I would share my news.

Accepted at CCOM and KYCOM with an interview in my hometown next week.

Mallory,

CONGRATS! I’ll bet you’re on top of the world

Kathleen

Thanks!!! I am very excited, more than a little surprised since I was a far from perfect applicant

I keep finding out at work where I have to maintain composure and not go skipping down the hall… It’s been a challenge

Best of luck to everyone this season!!!

Mallory -

Congratulations!!! That’s terrific!

Kate

Well done Mallory. Hopefully more good news soon.

Enjoy!

Greetings all,

Longtime lurker until towards the end of the cycle last year. Hard to believe that the process is well underway. We’ve had interviewees coming through our school for weeks now and it’s sort of crazy to think that that was me a year ago.

Wishing (belated!) luck to everyone who is going through the application process right now. The forums here were so helpful and inspirational as I was going through the process. Know that those who have gone before you, both more recently and long ago, are rooting for you as you make your way through the process.

SC

Hello everyone! Sorry for not posting more regularly …I’ll post a more comprehensive update of what I have been up to on my OPM diary.

First, congrats to all who have been accepted! That’s wonderful news. To those who have interviews - good luck. The same to those of you who are waiting on verification, working on secondaries, and so on.

An update on my own progress:

• 25 schools in my primary round

• 23 secondaries received and then submitted (2 schools only gave you secondaries if you get an interview, and I haven’t)

• 4 outright rejections (but that’s a lot of schools left that are considering me!)

• 3 interviews so far … 1 down, 2 to go

Still lots of time left in the application season. Excited to see how things turn out for us all!

Hey everyone! I’ve been scarce, but I’m always thinking of my fellow OPMs and cheering everyone on. Thanks to everyone who congratulated me on my acceptance. Congrats to all the progress others have made!

Great to hear from you, Lorien! 25 schools! WOW! Go get 'em! They’d all be lucky to have you.

Best of luck to everyone!

Cheers!

• shanport7300 Said:
Great to hear from you, Lorien! 25 schools! WOW! Go get 'em! They'd all be lucky to have you.

Aw, thanks Shannon. Glad to hear your news as well - I'm SOOOOO proud of you! And happy for you. What a relief to have this all over with.

There’s still hope for those of us that applied late. I submitted AMCAS on 1 Aug and got my first interview invite on 16 Oct. Granted, it’s not scheduled until Feb, but it’s an invite nonetheless.

CONGRATS!

This one goes out to all my less-optimistic folks out there. I left my regular job in August 2006(!!), made an ill-brained detour into another health field, started prereqs part-time in 2009, was and am monstrously broke, was rejected last cycle, and just got into Cooper. Plus I have some qualities that make me unique in a bad way, even on this board.

The process sucked massively, but it’s over now.

The point is not to sound negative! It’s to reassure people who are not feeling an uplifting hard work --> victory narrative. If I can do it, anyone can! Hang on until it happens!

Wow, that is great news!

Congratulations.

• lurkation Said:
This one goes out to all my less-optimistic folks out there. I left my regular job in August 2006(!!), made an ill-brained detour into another health field, started prereqs part-time in 2009, was and am monstrously broke, was rejected last cycle, and just got into Cooper. Plus I have some qualities that make me unique in a bad way, even on this board.

The process sucked massively, but it's over now.

The point is not to sound negative! It's to reassure people who are not feeling an uplifting hard work --> victory narrative. If I can do it, anyone can! Hang on until it happens!

Congrats! What an inspirational story.

Happy Halloween everyone! I was going to dress up in scrubs as a medical student, but had to put that idea aside yesterday. Why? Because “medical student” is no longer a costume for me, it’s for real … I GOT IN!

I’m a little excited.

NO WAY! Terra, congrats to you. I am very happy for you and now, it is time to enjoy!!!

This is so cool. Well deserved.

• terra_incognita Said:
Happy Halloween everyone! I was going to dress up in scrubs as a medical student, but had to put that idea aside yesterday. Why? Because "medical student" is no longer a costume for me, it's for real ... I GOT IN!

I'm a little excited.

YAYYYYYY!!!!! This is great news! I'm so happy for you!